Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed the boot grip to the combat grip... 9 bucks straight from the taurus factory

In a cheapo uncle mikes sidekick IWB

·
Registered
878 Posts
Nice piece. I have both grips as well, but I need a fatter grip so I went back to the boot. Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice indeed! Have you had much if any range time with it yet?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just ordered from Taurus International a set of rosewood grips for my 605. Still waiting. As they're smaller the gun should conceal better. I hope.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Taurus_9mm said:
Very nice indeed! Have you had much if any range time with it yet?
put about 50 corbon 140 gr 357 and 100 38+P through it with the original boot grip have not got to fire it with the new grips but it sure feels much better with the longer grip... it is the same as the boot only a bit longer and fits my hand better and is still very concealable

·
Registered
878 Posts
The only trouble I had with the combat grip was that my trigger finger would run into my thumb when shooting. It is a little skinnier than the boot, but the boot doesn't offer the pinky rest.
If you really want to try something nice, try the Pachmayr compact grips with the pinky rest. They're ssssweeet but don't conceal as well as the boots in the pocket.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Taurus factory grips are a great deal. I actually went the other way with my older 85. I had Uncle Mike's three finger grips on it, and ordered the newer style boot grips that you have replaced. I like the way it conceals a lot more now. However...Really hot .38 Special, while invigorating, isn't exactly .357 Mag. I might just want that extra grip area too. The combat grips on my 607 have about the best feel of any grip I've held.

I'm thinking about the rosewood boot grips again too, AZ605. I actually ordered a set of them years ago when I ordered my rubber set. They were out of stock indefinitely at the time, so they canceled the order. I'd like to give them a shot because, while the rubber ones shoot nice, sometimes the rubber can grip my shirt (covering garment), and can be a little sticky in my pocket.

·
Registered
878 Posts
They are excellent carry guns. It was my main ccw until I went Keltec.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The 605 is a fine carry gun, conceals easily (better than my Glock 26) and you never know it's there as it doesn't weigh all that much. I carry mine almost daily.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Rebailey said:
I ordered the Hogue rubber grip for my 605 but it was too large for pocket carry.
I have the Hogue monogrips on my 605, and pocket carry is quite easy, unless I'm wearing tight jeans. For any type of carpenter jeans or cargo pants, it disappears into the front pocket.
For the amount of control I gain with the Hogue grips, it is worth the effort to find the right pants to wear.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have the same Gun in Stainless. I rounded the hammer and made it half the size. I all so put the Combat Taurus Grip on. It is a very accurate Snub.It handles full house 357 ammo just fine.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Also have it in SS. #1 carry gun at this time. Fits high and tight in my black widow holster.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.