Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~~ I got a chance to rest out my new 327 today . tomorrow it on it's way back to Tarurus. @ 7 yds i can put 3 shot in an inch , and three go 1 1/2- 2" hi and wild. did it twice in a row. Ck'd the cyl. lock up and there's way to much slop in the cyl when it's cocked. Noticed a little spritzing also. Almost has to be bad cuts on the cly. as one position lock solid the others are good to sloppy . the rep was really nice on the ph ,they are covering shipping an all . Said 2-3 weeks turn around . I hope so. Any one get crappy hyda shok Fed ammo? the first box of two I bought had a shell missing in a sealed box had it returned and got a full box. this one has on shell that won't even chamber. Anyone have a # for Fed. I didn't see any on their site. Told the rep send 'er back tight I really like it . but needs better grips.. Just thought I update my new toy ~~~RR~~

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
It's bad that you're having to return a brand new revolver for warranty service; but I have confidence that Taurus will take good care of you and make a satisfied customer out of you.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Hang in there, I know is kinda sucks to have to go through all of this with a new pistol. But the company will stand behind their product and the 327mag is a blast to shoot. The only target ammo I have found is Federal American Eagle 85gr at $24.95 for a box of 50. Once you step up to personal protection rounds there is a wider assortment to choose from, of course this selection comes at a steeper price.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the support HA!! look at it this way at least it's winter time .and yeah it was a blast to shoot and if they get it all tight so the three wild one come join the other three i'll be a real happy camper ~~JMJ~~

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Recoil wasn't bad, but the rubber grips gotta go , upgrade to Pachmayr in the works when it gets back.Pachmayr compacts are going on it, the inside of my thumb skin got tore open by the Tarurus grips , too narrow ~~~JMJ~~ SHOOTS GREAT WITH THE TIGHTER LOCK UPS
~~Smallest 3 are under 1'2" the largest 3 about 1 1/8" the 3 worst lock ups are all over

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have not had any problems with my M327-2. My local store carries both 85 gn and 100 gn American eagle. I was going to shoot 32 ACP in mine at the indoor range and they were $29.99 for a box of 50. At $24.99 for American Eagle it is cheaper to shoot those. Load data has been a little hard to come by but I have found some at the powder web sites. I picked up a Ruger Blackhawk in 327 mag this week. It is an 8 shot and a lot heavier, so recoil is not an issue.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have not had any problems with my M327-2. My local store carries both 85 gn and 100 gn American eagle. I was going to shoot 32 ACP in mine at the indoor range and they were $29.99 for a box of 50. At $24.99 for American Eagle it is cheaper to shoot those. Load data has been a little hard to come by but I have found some at the powder web sites. I picked up a Ruger Blackhawk in 327 mag this week. It is an 8 shot and a lot heavier, so recoil is not an issue.
do some google search on the load data I found pages of it .i'd post the links but my system went whacky two weeks ago and it's only a back up drive now and i have been having a problem getting all my favorites back to the main drive ~~RR~~

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hay RimfireRate did you get your M327 from CDNN? I just picked mine up today and same problem. Going back to Miami.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hay RimfireRate did you get your M327 from CDNN? I just picked mine up today and same problem. Going back to Miami.
No i got it thru Buds Guns came back from repairs just as bad or worse i sure hope they have a good one to replace it. had it a month and only in my hand a few days ~~RR~~

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Try to call my "Go To" rep Lina x229, Louis is good too, however, I don't have his extension you'll have to ask for him. I am pretty sure they'll automatically send you the postage paid Fed Ex label.

You need to author a letter. Don't be accusatory (I know it's hard not to after a crap fix). Send it to the attention of "The Review Board": Amaro DaSilva
Firearm Production and Repair Manager and Robert Crescenzi Customer Service Manager. Open your letter with a brief synopsis of what motivated you to purchase the firearm. Why you chose a Taurus. Then state original problem. This is where you want to show your knowledge of the function of the firearm prior to and post fix and why you disagree with the approach the repair department used (stretching the forcing cone etc). Be straight forwards and matter of fact (business like) no emotional interjections like "what a friggin' hack job" (even though it's tempting). State that the revolver is no longer functioning reliably and accurately and it is your CCW firearm you cannot trust it with your life. This is why you would like them to replace your firearm. Let them know you have faith that they will do the right thing and correct the situation.

I can't guarantee this will be successful however it did work for me and I had the exact same situation occur just differn't model, although I might be heading down the same road with my latest purchase. It will take longer than the typical turn around.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'ts boxed and awaiting FEd EX tomorrow for the second trip South in less than a month. Box is marked ATT REPAIR MANAGER and letter enclosed to both parties mentiond in side. I told my story in a nut shell and tried to stay nice and assured them i'm no novice having worked retail and wholesale in gun sales ,I told them i'm sure they will make it right or replace it that any mfgr can have a bad one ,as machines nad people are not perfect, here's hoping ~~RR~~

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Sounds like the right equation RR! Mine is right behind yours. I'm going to ship it Wednesday. Have a similar structured letter and hoping for the best like you.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like the right equation RR! Mine is right behind yours. I'm going to ship it Wednesday. Have a similar structured letter and hoping for the best like you.
this a copy of what i sent ea fellow~~ Sir; This letter was prompted my my Taurus repair on my 327 Mag revolver. it was sent in for repair and recieved on the 1st of the month. enclosed was a description of the problem and my evaluation of what may be the problem. i understnad i'm not the gunsmith ,but i do own about a doz revolvers and am not totally ignorant on their fuctions. Upon taking possion of my 327 i was a happy camper ,was just what I was looking for. my first range trip disappointed me ,as i was getting spritzed form missaligned cyls. i made that call by noticing that when cocked ,on lock up only one cyl. had no slop, two were not too bad the other three were just plain to sloppy . My first three 6 shot grps three of the shots were all under 1" including one that measued 0.395 for three of the rds. all the other rds were high and wild. i mentioned that the cyl notches may not be milled in spec. ` Your CS person was very nice helping with the return. Aprox 3weeks later I got my firearm back. first thing i noticed was it had the same cyl as when it left. the repairs were listed as ~~POOR ACCURACY bent barrel ~~ADJUSTED. / SHAVING LEAD -forcing cone undersize~~ ADJUSTED /CYLINDER TIMING OFF-Cylinder stop not adjusted properly .~~ REPLACED The following day i went to the range,hoping my thoughts would be proven wrong. I still experience some spitz of lead and the accuracy in now uniformly worse , On lock up two cyls show all but no slop,and 4 are poor. On cleaning the revolver I toook my cleaning rod down the bbl with the revolver cocked in ea cyl position and could hit the cyl face on 4 of the cylinders the other two were pretty close. I've been around firearms my whole life as a shooter and in retail sales and whoesale sales, yrs back at Bonitz Bros. a branch of JSC. I talked up this little gun when I got it and a few friends bought one,(don't know hows theirs are yet.) I'm at a lose how you can adjust a (bent bbl) and the forcing cone adjustment (enlarging) seemed like a short cut to the lead shaving problem of my guess (maybe mismilled cyl notches) if not a mis aligned frame/ crane?? .i have faith you can resolve this (fix or Replace) with safe perfect firearm. I am aware this type of thing can happen to any mfgr , machines and people are not perfect. I took my streamlite stylus LED lite and camera and took the best I could photos down the bbl on ea. cyl with the firearm cocked ,where it should be locked and aligned ,photo enclosed. i bought mine from Buds gun in Tenn. but am aware of one with the same problem from CDNN .it may be possible a series of these got thru out of specs. Please address my problem ,I have purchased ammo holsters and dies for this little beast and it's my back up carry . or was to be. Looking fwd to having it back or replaced with all issues addressed. Thank You Regards-XXXXX XXXXXXX~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ followed by the previous work order # ser# etc date worked one ~~RR~~

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Nice job man. I guess I will post mine. Folks are going to roll their eyes becuase I tend to ramble on. Maybe someone in the same situation can learn something, or possibly teach me something LOL.

Please forward through if you don't like long reads, sorry!

Dear Mr. DaSilva and Repair Team

I just purchased the above mentioned distributor special 3” ported M327 blued revolver last week from CDNN. It is an absolutely beautiful firearm and the action is nice and smooth, however it may have has some excess cylinder play in full lock up and a few other problems. The barrel cylinder grooves on the cylinder that engage the cylinder stop may be over machined, or machined incorrectly, out of tolerance? The cylinder stop may have been manufactured out of tolerance (slightly too narrow) with the cylinder grooves and/or the opening in the frame? The play in the lock up seems to be causing three out of six of the cylinder bores at the throat, not to line up with the forcing cone/barrel correctly. I inspected this by shining a micro light down the barrel while putting each cylinder bore in “full lock up”. Three of the six cylinder bore throats overlapped the forcing cone/barrel by about .003-.004 because of the excessive play in the cylinder. In other words the forcing cone/barrel lines up with all the bore throats, but if you tip the cylinder during full lock up within the excessive play, three of the throats seem to overlap with the forcing cone?

The barrel or cylinders have not been lugged. The B/C clearance at the forcing cone in full lock up was an average of .003 with my gage (you-all may have more accurate gages I am sure). The head space is right at .060. I went to the range to test fire it using one box of fifty Federal America Eagle 85 grain JSP 327 Magnum and two boxes of Fiocchi 100 grain LWC .32 S&W long. I could not find any FMJ’s which I prefer and I do not hand load. Both brands of bullets were .333 in case diameter and .310 in bullet diameter. They all seat at the bottom of the cylinder and the longest one (.327) allows the crane to close up tight and the shortest one, .32 S&W long had no problems. I did not notice any blow back or leading. There was a definite pattern of fliers with both brands of ammo. I test

fired the gun at 7 yards from a bench rest. Three of the rounds were in a clover leaf pattern three were fliers. I repeated this with the same results for an additional 3-4 cylinders.

I did notice a little leading after the forcing cone in the barrel which seems normal with factory wad cutters, however I noticed some strange erosion on the cylinder face: a tiny chip of steel was missing on the edge of three of the cylinder bore throats at the cylinder face on the side of the forcing cone. I did not clean the gun so you-all can see the result of the first 150 rounds with the above mentioned ammo. I am not sure if the chips are a result of sloppy manufacturing or timing issues? I also noticed the cylinder face on the recoil shield side was a little marred from the factory, shipping or distributor when I took delivery of the firearm. This was only superficial. Maybe this coincides with the chips on the face of the other side of the cylinder though?

Could you please inspect the cylinder, cylinder face(s), cylinder bores and throats, cylinder stop, forcing cone, barrel rifling, barrel alignment and timing? All cylinder bores/throats should lock up with equal tightness and align with the forcing cone in full lock up. Please inspect the cylinder stop. Verify and or correct timing if necessary. Inspect and replace the cylinder and cylinder stop if necessary. Please verify the barrel is within tolerance and whatever else you see fit.

PLEASE DO NOT:
• Do not stretch the forcing cone to correct timing (force timing).
• Do not polish the rifling of the barrel after the forcing cone.
• Do not severely scratch or damage the finish of this firearm.

My reason for stating this is because I had a firearm in my Taurus M650 Serial # worked on by the repair department. It had severe timing issues. The repair department stretched the forcing cone and polished the first 9mm of the rifling in the barrel to repair the timing issues. This “fix” destroyed the firearm. Please do not utilize this approach for the above mentioned M327. If you have to stretch the forcing cone please only do so if you lug the cylinder bores and barrel and find the diameter of the bore throats to be greater than the forcing cone. Please DO NOT stretch the forcing cone to correct timing (force timing). This usually does not correct timing or accuracy and exacerbates the original problem.

I am a loyal Taurus Revolver customer. This is my fourth Taurus revolver. I am sure your department will do what is necessary to repair the firearm to factory specifications, to ensure that it is safe, reliable, accurate and functions correctly.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any reason.

Thank You

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You made the issues i should have mentioned the Don't issues ,and you proof read yours mine has way to many typos form old croked fingers ha! Well if your letter goes to the same persons the guns are the same models, hopfully a light will come on upstairs on one of them .I truely think they had a run of miss machined cylinders and i hope being they discontinued the 327 i don't get a we can give ya a new 38 reply _ I have all the goodies for the 327 and I have a 38 ,the little white truck took mine about anhr ago .so back into the holding pattern again ~~RR~~

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yeah i hear you there. I got all "the gear"as well. I also really like the .327 magnum round. I am still waiting for a .38 from them. The lady at FedEx now knows me now from shipping Tauruses and she new exactly what a Taurus was the first time I dropped one off. I asked her if she liked guns and she said she didn't know anything about them, she is familiar with the brand becuase of all the people dropping them off. I laughed but it was a little unsettling.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah when they dropped mine off last thrusday I opened in frt of the driver , and said they didn't change the cyl. thats not good. He showed up to day and first thing he said i guess it's not right ? @ $32.00 a one way trip they sure lose alot of money on repairs shipping ~~RR~~

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yup can't quite figure out that approach, their logistics overhead must be off the charts. I guess if they're going to do QC state side instead of Brazil on a reactive basis that's what happens. They must have a thick file on me becuase so far this year I have had two guns go back four times. Each time with a letter and neither one was repaired correctly. My M38 is still there and that is a replacement for the M650 they hacked up. The M327 will be trip number five and that's three out of three guns. They have more of my guns than I do LOL. I am very tentative about sending it as well. I am about 90% sure they take those letters and scrunch them up real nice and tight and toss them in the circular file. It would be a damn shame if they destroyed this gun. Other than timing/accuracy it's by far the best handling Taurus revolver I have ever had out of the box.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts