Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your new 24/7 G2 and welcome to TaurusArmed.net!

Reactions: Merlin1274

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Very nice, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There are already two other threads running in this very sub-forum re: holsters for these guns. Scroll down, take a look, and then post what you find or decide to go with.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm very close to buying one of those myself... I'll be getting the 9mm, but it looks as though you got the .45. How is it in terms of recoil? I want a gun that I can carry concealed fairly easily, but that fills my hand enough that it'll still be fun to shoot at the range.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have not had a chance to shoot yet. Will today. Yes its the .45 it is easy to conceal for me. I am using a generic IWB holster I have for it I think its an Unlce Mikes size 15. Its soft Cloth material. I want something in leather. Will report once I get to shoot it..

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's hard finding a holster for the G2's. I searched for a long time, a lot of places have holsters listed for 24/7's but not the G2, not sure what the difference is or if a holster for another gun will fit it. I ordered a Theis IWB a week ago, he was the only one that had g2's listed in holsters he makes, should see it in a couple more weeks. The quality looks good and they have good reviews Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well finally got to shoot her. Man this thing is a beast. Recoil is not for weak wristed shooters. Its packs a heck of a punch.. After 100 rds I was done with it. Moved on to shooting my 9mm.
It only had 1 FTF.. Which was probably the cheap WWB ammo I was using. Both 12 and 10 rd mags worked like a champ. They are tough to load. My thumb slipped off on rd and the metal edge on the mag cut my thumb. So now its even harder to load. So I got smart
and used the tool that came with it to load the mags. Other then that I had fun and was impressed with the groupings at 15 and 30 ft. Next time I go out I will take the tool to adjust the sights cause it shoots a little low and to the left. I am extremely happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guys my G2 Compact came with 3 back strap to change the grips. This can not be changed from what I can tell on the compact. Are these for the full sized models only? Also if anyone needs them PM me and we can work something out..

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Merlin1274
... My thumb slipped off on rd and the metal edge on the mag cut my thumb. So now its even harder to load. So I got smart
and used the tool that came with it to load the mags.

Merlin1274
Guys my G2 Compact came with 3 back strap to change the grips. This can not be changed from what I can tell on the compact. Are these for the full sized models only? Also if anyone needs them PM me and we can work something out..

Welcome aboard. Glad to hear your G2 is working out. Mine seemed 'tamer' after the trigger smoothed out. Maybe you can trade the back straps for an UPLULA. :D

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I know you guys know what they look like. But here is mine.. I brought her home today. She was delivered a day early..
Merlin welcome to the forum glad to have ya. got the full size G2 in 45 and never a problem....have fun.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Very nice. Have you named your new baby yet?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts