Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought it used. From day one it misfired on Hornady stuff. Lately, I've been getting an occasional misfire with CCI which it had liked. So, I e-med NAA. A hammer spring came in the mail today, easy enough to install. I got the old one out and compared and the old one was worn way short. Hmmm, maybe some poor spring stock or tempering or something? Anyway, the new one has a lot more hammer force. I'll go test it at the range, soon, but I think it is fixed. :D

I got this thing pretty new and pretty cheap at a pawn shop. I'm thinkin' the guy is the typical when he buys a gun and it don't work right, probably cussing and vowing never to own an NAA again rather than investigate the problem. :rolleyes: Oh, well, his loss. I have a 25 year old .22 NAA that has never worn out it's spring, so I'm thinkin' the spring manufacture had a problem.

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I kept a Black Widow for years as a pocket gun. Was very accurate with both cylinders. Replaced the hammer spring a couple times and a little hair spring once. One of those guns that after it is gone you question sanity. The rubber grips made it a lot easier to shoot.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Ahem...:nopics:

Reactions: btleslie

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The top one is my Black Widow. My Supercompanion (black powder cap and ball version) is in the middle and my .22LR version is on the bottom. I've been carrying that .22 for 25 years. The wear will attest to that. :D I like the folding holster/grip thing.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I've always thought the Black Widow was a neat little revolver. Can we expect a range report/pictures sometime in the future?

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Indoor range down the street, no pics, but I'm going down there to test it in a few minutes. Gonna practice a bit with my 3" Taurus 66, too. I can tell ya, the thing shoots 3.5" groups at 25 yards off a bench rest with preferred ammo, Hornady Personal Defense or CCI maxi mag. CCI is cheaper stuff, but if it's 100 percent with the Hornady, that's my carry ammo of choice when I have to carry this thing for a primary due to its superior concealment qualities. :D

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, cool, it's fixed. :D Went through a 50 round box with no misfires. Good 'nuf. Now, I need to go to Academy and buy another box of Hornady Personal Defense.

Love that 3" 66, too. I was lighting up the indoor range with 165 grain cast hot handloads. That thing is so sweet shooting, though, hardly any muzzle flip, fast back ups, and very accurate.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Glad to hear its running right. I've always kept my 22mag loaded with CCI and guess I need to try out the Hornady ammo.

The one gun I ALWAYS have with me.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I've had a number of NAA Mini's, all beautiful examples of precision engineering. The only problem with them is they all tended to become
"lock-box queens." I still have my Black Widow, and carry it often when my .380's are inconvenient.

I just swapped my Earl for a .32 Guardian. I never gave the Guardians much thought or respect, but this is one serious little pistol!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks for posting the pic of your mini revolvers, and congrats on the new NAA Black Widow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts