Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Model 450 in .45 long Colt just after Christmas. I was looking for the Titanium version in bright blue that I had seen a few years back in a local gun shop. Just got to buy what catches your eye at the time! I got the 2" ported barrel version in stainless steel for $340.00 on GB. I couldn't be happier. The weight of the gun tames the recoil and I don't detect a lot of vertical blast from the porting. What is most satisfying is the overly large sized holes on paper that I could cover with a post card-remember post cards?
The strking energy of this round is quite impressive. I test bullet and load effectiveness by setting a large steel Pepper Popper so it won't fall with one shot but it will fall with a quick pair or double-tap. With 5 rounds to work with you can only repeat this drill once on a second Pepper Popper. The final bullet (if you've done right) is your final option for whatever comes closer. This Taurus is a winner!

·
Registered
40 Posts
wish i knew i have the brite blue ti 450 that im considering getting rid of.
Glad to hear you are happy with your new purchase!

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
I am just hoping I find one like that, when I have the money! I want a small companion for my JUDGE! I would CCW with a snubby 45 colt in a heart beat. I might even sell the rest of my guns if I could find one of those at the right price.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Robby, sell the rest of your guns? AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGG! You will live to regret it. Good shooting. Frank

·
15,931 Posts
Frank V said:
Robby, sell the rest of your guns? AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGG! You will live to regret it. Good shooting. Frank
You will never know how much I wanted to be a cowboy, with two 45's on my hips. :guns: :shooter: Yee Haw!!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. If you get the opportunity, please post some pictures of your new Taurus. We all greatly appreciate eye-candy here on Taurus Armed. :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Robby, my favorite cartridges are the .44 Special & .45 Colt. If you can start with one .45 then at a later time go to the second things could work out. Except for matches carrying 2 guns the size of a .45 gets pretty heavy on the belt. When I'm in the hills bumming around I generally carry one. Good shooting.
SGtBB, Congratulations on your 450, the .45 Colt is a very good cartridge just as it is. The REM & WW factory 250 loads get about 730fps out of a 5-1/2" bbl. The load I really like is the Federal 225gr lead SWC HP. Federal claims 900fps I have gotten 858fps out of a 5-1/2" bbl & very good accuracy. It is easy to shoot too & if you carry for defense you are shooting factory loads. That could come up later in court if you ever have to use your gun for defense. Enjoy your gun & good shooting. Frank

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Frank V-
Have no fear...CorBon .45 Colt is in there (when loaded)

My wife has such nice hands . . .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Robby-
That picture was a result of an incident the other day. You don't know when the worst can happen...or might have happened.
I had been working a 12 hr shift at my Jail and came home drop-dead tired. The wife ordered me to sit down, put my feet up and close my eyes while she prepared dinner. Ah, a man's home is his castle! Sometimes we let our guard down too easily. In my awareness somewhere between asleep and awake I heard a soft knock at the door that didn't arouse my fearless attack Beagle, Katie. The wife opened the door and I barely heard the conversation. I was intrigued enough to sit up and ask who was that at the door. My wife said, "Some girl came to the door and said she missed the bus and needed a ride!" The wife related the girl looked like someone that belonged in Jail and she had opened the security door to knock on the inner door. We discussed how easily the stranger could have entered the home, probably with a crew of 'friends', and/or stolen the car if my wife had bought into her 'plight'. Missed the bus my eye. There's no bus stop near my home.
I showed Mama where I kept the DOOR GUN. It's within the retreat path from the door should trouble come calling. So it was...she posed for me just after doing the dishes.
The proverbial excrement can hit the rotating blade breeze machine at the most inopportune time. Stay sharp. Have a PLAN and share it with your loved ones.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sgt.BB, I hear your warning to be vigilant and always have a backup plan.

A few weeks ago, around 8:00 PM its pretty damn dark and cold outside up here in Wisconsin. The door bell buzzer rings...we live in the woods on a quite country road, not many people would even bother us at that time of evening.

I'm 72 and not very spry anymore, had to hobble down stairs and answer the door. Turned on the outside lights and no one there...then a weird looking young druggie type, long fuzzy hair and not the kind of individual that lives around our parts came back toward the front porch.

He hollers to another guy in a tan van that someone is home, then walks up onto my porch. I'm still behind my screen door talking to him...asking what the hell do you want at this hour? He looks at a loss for words for a minute, then says: "We have some meat left over he'd like to sell it to me."

"Look, I had to come downstairs to answer this door because it may have been an emergency of someone in trouble...and you want to sell me meat at this hour? I don't buy meat from anyone except the super market, it has to be USDA approved before I'll even look at it."

He started to say something else then left the porch. I locked up the front door and put my .44 special away back upstairs. Thought about alerting the cops, but figure they had enough to do without worrying about night kooks.

Many times we have gotten phone calls and no one is on the line, probably checking to see if we are home.

TB C45

·
15,931 Posts
Yeah, I know my wife came home from work one nite, It was about 0 outside, and right behind her was a guy. He had approached her, saying he was out of gas, with two kids in the car, could she help him. I had my PT111 in my vest pocket, just in case. Well it rides there all day anyway, or the Rossi. I got a gas can for him, as his story was true, but so easily it could have been the other way.

We have about a 250 ft long driveway, with a gate that stays closed 24/7 due to our horses. It has an alarm on the post by the gate so I know who is coming. It was the next day after my wife brought this guy to the house, I was actually on this forum, when the dog, a female chicken starts raising heck. I look out to see two guys on my porch knocking, no gate alarm went off. So I openly put the grip of my gun where it could be seen, and asked if I could help them. Turns out they came thru the fields looking for a lost dog. (so much for my alarm system). Either one of these situations could have been the BG Home invader senario, or worse.

This leads to the fact, that I am glad I carry when I am awake on the farm, and have a gun in the truck when I am out. Because you never know for sure. And my wife knows where the JUDGE sits, and it is always loaded.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Sgtbb, sick that dog on them, lol those are good rabbit dogs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
SgtBB, Corbon is good stuff! Good shooting. Lot's of good advise here BE VIGELANT be aware of what's going on around you. Prevention is always better than catch up. Good shooting. Frank

1 - 16 of 16 Posts