Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the first time since I received my CHL I had an appointment at the VA. As I entered the grounds there is the "No firearms allowed on this property" sign.

Now I can either park off site and walk a few blocks unarmed or perhaps leave my gun at home but I still have just enough "child of the 60s" in me to choose neither option.

I parked and put my PT145 in a case and locked it in the trunk. And I will continue that policy whenever I go there. I know I have to watch myself because the feds have no sense of humor about these things but at the same time I won't leave myself defenseless.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does your VA now have new steel fencing and gates around it like ours?
Some of the property is fenced but not all. It's been that way as long as I can remember. There have never been any gates.

·
Banned
401 Posts
Howdy,

I leave mine in the truck. On the days I go to the VA I do not wear a holster but I take it along with my gun and I leave them in yhe truck. After my visit I will put my holster on before I get into my truck and as soon as I'm off VA property I holster the gun.

I've been doing this for years.

Paul

·
Registered
540 Posts
A VA building is a Federal building. President Carter banned personal firearms from all Federal buildings and facilities in the 1970's. As a result, I can't carry to work or even have a firearm in my vehicle.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Not to hijack but a VA facility near my shop closed down recently. Arville and Russell roads cross streets in Las Vegas if anyone wants to investigate.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not to hijack but a VA facility near my shop closed down recently. Arville and Russell roads cross streets in Las Vegas if anyone wants to investigate.
Not a problem. That's important news.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts