Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the GF and i like to take walks in the evening and usually its dark by the time we get home and around to it , so this little PT25 guy is my friend i just slip it in my front pocket using the bianchi clip holster , it clips right in the top of my front pocket and you barely know its there , I know its a 25cal , and ive heard all the cons on 25cal but as i say 25acp may not be the best caliber to use but as i say if you dont think a 25acp wont take out a BD then let me bounce one off your forehead and see hahaha

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I'd still want something bigger on my belt to back up the pop-gun. Yes, the 25 could be in your hand before anything starts but unless you have very precise aim you may be very unhappy with the results..... It doesn't take that much longer to draw a more effective weapon but you may not have that extra time to start with.

Loading it with some of this would help with the absolute lack of anything resembling authority:
http://www.dakotaammo.net/products/glaser/glaser.htm
http://yp.bellsouth.com/sites/magsafeammo/page3.html

I'd suggest spending the money to confirm feed reliability. Here's a link where the Glaser ammo is discussed:
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=4386.0

Steelheart

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i like the look of the magsafe , goin to check in on it , truthfully i use cci blazer ammo in it and at 10 - 12 ft i can keep them really close ,

·
Registered
267 Posts
I used to know a guy that carried a .25 all the time (back in the 60's) and was known to be a pretty bad dude. He said he liked to shoot someone in the foot with the .25 and then club the stuffin's out of them while they were dancing around. Guess it worked for him. It's a pretty little thing, too. I carried a the Italian version for awhile and agree with the magsafe ammo suggestion and aim for the neck or face.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My 25 hasn't left my car since I bought it, except to fire at a range and clean it. The wife has shown interests in having it in her car so I may start having the 650 in my car.

·
Registered
153 Posts
chad_rn said:
My 25 hasn't left my car since I bought it, except to fire at a range and clean it. The wife has shown interests in having it in her car so I may start having the 650 in my car.
Don't you worry about someone stealing it? I've had so many car break-ins over the year, I would never leave my gun in the car, even if I run into the store for just a few minutes.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I know of some places out in the midwest where they still leave their keys in the ignition and their shotguns behind the seats. It's all a matter of where you live, and what kind of crime rate you have.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ace,
You are right about location. In fact, here in Wichita, Ks it depends on what part of town you live in too and I've noticed the same in other large towns or cities in which I've lived.
Most of the jobs I do allow me to keep an eye on my vehicle from the job, so I usually carry a large or medium frame handgun in the truck and carry a small firearm on me. The end of town I live in, I often leave the gun in the truck overnight. In my old nieghborhood, I didn't even leave my motorcycle outside for very long and had stuff stolen right off my front steps while I was in the front room watching TV.
I would not leave any weapon in plain sight, though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ace said:
I know of some places out in the midwest where they still leave their keys in the ignition and their shotguns behind the seats. It's all a matter of where you live, and what kind of crime rate you have.
Yes, I see your point. However, I lived in a plush Naples Florida neighborhood a few years ago. Thought I was safe and all that. Had my car broken into and stereo stolen. Since then, I don't leave anything of value in my car unless I have no other choice. That's just me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts