Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I thought I should update on my little brother who got burned by a revolver last year.

His gift finally came in last week and we had a once over with making sure it was good to go. Everything was in order after playing around with it for about 10-15 min.
Sadly, We didn't get a chance to shoot it in the same day or week seeing as we had prior engagements to attend to. However, When that was over I went and bought him about 200 rounds of .22LR for him to shoot.

So, We get to the range and he is excited! So, We load him up and because he never use to shoot much with us due to his fear of getting burned, He cocked the hammer as fast as he could and just started shooting. He shot 2-3 rounds off in about 2 seconds. I told him to stop and slow down. Explaining to him that he is going way to fast and he need's to relax and have fun. He wasn't even aiming. Just pointing down range and letting go. So after I had stopped him, Me and my brother explained to him to go about it slowly and look thru your sights!

Her listened to us about it. Telling him the rules about not putting his finger on the trigger until he is truly ready to shoot. He did just that. Now, We had another issue. When he would cock the hammer and pull the trigger, Nothing. No bang. Just click? Hmm...I tell him to cock the hammer and then I would rotate the cylinder a bit by hand and lock it up in place. This made me think the timing was off until I noticed he was not cocking the hammer far down enough! 4 clicks needed. He was only doing 3!

After we got all this fixed, He had fun and burned thru the remaining ammo in about 30-45 minutes. Now he is asking if he can go to the range almost every day.
He's still a bit recoil shy but I'm sure he will come around. Today was special tho....

He shot my brothers AK-47 and enjoyed it! He shot about 15-20 rounds thru it. Shot one and just wanted to keep going. Why did he do this? Simple.
My GF came along and shot it. She told him it was easy and didn't hurt. No one put her up to it but we did tell her about his recoil issue and how it happened.
After seeing her do it, He decided to give it a try but kept asking about the recoil and stuff. He finally decided to pull the trigger and now he is obsessed with it.
He was asking over and over to keep shooting a magazine thru it.

Still won't shoot a .40 or my GP-100 which I am perfectly fine with. He will bring up his pace on his own. All in all, We had a good time on his part.

And yes, The girlfriend enjoyed shooting guns for her first time. She shot everything.
She shot my GP-100 .38 spcl and .357 mag, 30-06 rifle and my .45 ACP Mil Pro
My brothers AK-47, And his 1911 45 ACP Rock Island.
My fathers Glock 22 and my little brothers .22 Revolver. She asked if the gun had shot the round when she used the .22. Heh.
Also shot my fathers 30-30 lever action.

After all those rounds, Her conclusion came to this. " I want my own revolver. I want it to be hot pink!"
I ask, " Okay, You shot all these guns and chose that. What caliber?" I ask her
Her " I want one with recoil! I don't like the other ones that didn't recoil a lot."

She meant the .357 Magnum in this case. Also she liked the .45 ACP, AK-47 and my 30-06 Bolt action. She's a keeper.
Oh yeah...Anyone know where I can find a hot pink 357 magnum revolver?
I think I know a LGS with A Taurus revolver in hot pink....

So, How was your day?

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
...And yes, The girlfriend enjoyed shooting guns for her first time. She shot everything.

After all those rounds, Her conclusion came to this. " I want my own revolver. I want it to be hot pink!"...
That alone was worth the trip...:thumb:

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I know Charter Arms makes The Pink Lady in .38 Spl., but as far as .357 Mag i'm not sure. There's always the option of having a gun Dura-coated hot pink, the only question is do you go stainless or black for the base gun.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, She will be happy with it as long as it has some pink/ hot pink on it. I showed her a single shot 22LR the other day and she was fascinated with it. She looked at the stainless steel barrel and the black barrel asking what the difference is seeing a price difference of $50. I just told her ' Cosmetics". Nothing much more.

Also, She listened well to everything I had to tell her and what my brother explained to her as well. Don't point the gun at people, Loaded or unloaded. Keep finger off the trigger until your ready to shoot ETC.

She did well. And yes, It was worth the trip. I had a lot of fun showing her and she kept telling me how much she enjoyed it.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
It sounds like you hit two "Jackpots", congratulations. I'mglad things are working out well for you, your little brother, and the young lady too!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Sounds like a really good day at the range.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
What a wonderful time of life! Embrace it and enjoy.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahaha, Doing so already. My little brother kept asking if I had nothing to do today and if we can go to the range.
We had to many things to do today and couldn't make it but Saturday is another story.

Told the GF were going to the range again and wanted to know if she wanted to go as well, She smiled a big grin and said yes quickly.
Lifes good.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Two more supporters of the 2nd Amendment. Good Job. :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts