Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I have the Taurus PT111 and a Ruger P89DC, I have been drooling over the Taurus PT145. The day I could not resist any longer, the guy ahead of me bought the last PT145 the store had:(. So, in my depressed state, I strayed and got the last Ruger SR22PBT that the store had and I LOVE it :):D:). I may still find a 145 but I am enjoying the heck out of this little plinker. After a couple mags through, I was getting 3" groups at thirty feet (before adding the laser).

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun barrel

Peace
Mark

·
Administrator
41,076 Posts
That's down right futuristic looking! Ruger makes good products. :thumb:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smokewagon,

I don't really see the 'futuristic' in this plinker but I do in my old Calico M100 Carbine plinker :). I really like the style and of course, the 100rnd. mags for the M100. Also, it is a movie star in that it was the gun used by the 'storm troopers' in the old comedy Spaceballs.

Peace,
Mark

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
I have one Ruger, the LCP, which I reallly like. I would not hesitate to buy one of their revolvers if
the price was right. Congratualtions on getting the new firearm, it looks like you're going to have
al lot of fun with it.

·
Super Moderator
35,798 Posts
I am thinkin' about a PT145 if Texas passes the laws they have on the books that would allow me to belt carry OWB and not have to worry about flashing. I already have a SR22, so I don't have to worry about being tempted by one. :D

I have owned 11 Rugers, one being a 10/22 rifle, the rest handguns. I own 8 at this time. They've all been great, but then so have my Tauri. :D

Reactions: Snug9mm and Necrius

·
Registered
125 Posts
I really like the SR series pistols...tempted to buy one in 9mm. The only thing that I am not for sure of is the hammerless factor. I haven't found a hammerless gun yet that I liked, so I think I will just stick with the hammers for now, unless I get a chance to shoot an SR lol.

Reactions: Necrius

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase.

It seems that I'm an ever diminishing minority, I've never owned a Ruger firearm of any kind. It's not that I have anything against them, it's just that it never worked out that way.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
It's already threaded...........

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I really like the SR series pistols...tempted to buy one in 9mm. The only thing that I am not for sure of is the hammerless factor. I haven't found a hammerless gun yet that I liked, so I think I will just stick with the hammers for now, unless I get a chance to shoot an SR lol.
Striker and DAO pistols are all I own as of last year - a concious decision. The full size SR series are great guns. I do not own one but have looked, shot and would but at this point they would be redundant - I buy guns to use not collect.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I've owned the SR9. It was a great shooter with absolutely no issues. I would recommend one.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I really like the sr40c but it just didn't feel "right" in my hand... Then I picked up a pt140 and that's all she wrote. One day I might go buy myself a ruger but I have no need for one right now.

CreekFisher

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Congrats.

The SR22 is one of the best pistols that I own. Have fun with yours.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have been looking for a .22. I like the Ruger Mark II/III. Based on your post, I might have to give the SR22PBT a closer look.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Even though I have the Taurus PT111 and a Ruger P89DC, I have been drooling over the Taurus PT145. The day I could not resist any longer, the guy ahead of me bought the last PT145 the store had:(. So, in my depressed state, I strayed and got the last Ruger SR22PBT that the store had and I LOVE it :):D:). I may still find a 145 but I am enjoying the heck out of this little plinker. After a couple mags through, I was getting 3" groups at thirty feet (before adding the laser).

Peace
Mark
I thought about holding out for the threaded barrel but the wife was definately not in the mood to wait once she decided that was the one she wanted. It's a sweet little plinker and pretty accurate

Ruger may have already remedied the problem, but keep an eye on the takedown lever. It's only an injected molded piece and is struck by the slide with each cycle. Twin Tech Tactical does make a replacement for it for only $20. I'm inspecting mine after each range visit for damage/wear. So far so good.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now he needs to get one of those hush hush things to screw onto the end of it.
Shhhhh!!!!! not so loud - I am looking into that LOL

Congrats.

The SR22 is one of the best pistols that I own. Have fun with yours.
Thanks, I am having lots of fun - although tonight was not so fun - must have had a bad day at work and could not shoot straight tonight

I have been looking for a .22. I like the Ruger Mark II/III. Based on your post, I might have to give the SR22PBT a closer look.
I have heard that the Mark II/III are more accurate but this is a nice small fun plinker.

I thought about holding out for the threaded barrel but the wife was definately not in the mood to wait once she decided that was the one she wanted. It's a sweet little plinker and pretty accurate

Ruger may have already remedied the problem, but keep an eye on the takedown lever. It's only an injected molded piece and is struck by the slide with each cycle. Twin Tech Tactical does make a replacement for it for only $20. I'm inspecting mine after each range visit for damage/wear. So far so good.
Mine has been flawless at 300 rounds and no issues with the lever. Galloway Precision also makes a replacement guide rod / spring assembly which is claimed to smooth out the recoil as well as remedy the lever issue. My SR22 was assembled in Dec. '12 and does not show any signs of the former issue. I like the thread protector that Twin Tech includes with its' threaded barrel, the Ruger does not include a protector for the threaded adapter.

Peace,
Mark

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your new Ruger pistol!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts