Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The key that came with my 24/7 broke! I used it for the first time and the plastic holder just spun freely around the metal key part! Dang it.. lol. The plastic appears to be cracked. my first customer service experience is coming up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just contacted customer service. She said that they will send me a new key free of charge and it should arrive in 7-10 days. I will update when it arrives.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
They do come with 2 keys. But I'm glad that Taurus jumped right on it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah... 2 keys. with one broken, I have my gun locked and cant unlock it in the event the 2nd key breaks... i prefer to have two!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I never use my keys. I do put them on all my key rings though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well you should used them... at least to see if they break and you need replacements! LOL

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have about a dozen keys, never had one break.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I have quite a few keys as well. The only real use I've had for them so far was to change the factory grips out on my PT1911.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use the lock when I go to work or going to be gone for more than a little while. Also use it whenever the gun is in the trunk(no concealed permit) in case of carjacking, car stolen, etc. the punk wouldn't know how to unlock it and can't use it. Other than that I got it in the nightstand, one in the chamber and safety on. I wouldn't keep my gun key on my keyring because if someone got in and my keys were there, they're probly gonna steal my monte carlo along with the key on the ring and the gun to go with it. I keep my spare in an obscure location, underneath my ever-growing change collecting jar(under the coins of course) I keep the one I use in the drawer with the gun, only its in a pair of fake tighty whiteys where the crotch seam is really a pocket, also has a fake doody stain on them..............doubt the BG would touch those.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Steve24/7 said:
I use the lock when I go to work or going to be gone for more than a little while. Also use it whenever the gun is in the trunk(no concealed permit) in case of carjacking, car stolen, etc. the punk wouldn't know how to unlock it and can't use it. Other than that I got it in the nightstand, one in the chamber and safety on. I wouldn't keep my gun key on my keyring because if someone got in and my keys were there, they're probly gonna steal my monte carlo along with the key on the ring and the gun to go with it. I keep my spare in an obscure location, underneath my ever-growing change collecting jar(under the coins of course) I keep the one I use in the drawer with the gun, only its in a pair of fake tighty whiteys where the crotch seam is really a pocket, also has a fake doody stain on them..............doubt the BG would touch those.
Steve24/7 that is the greatest hiding place I have ever heard of. :D
I'm going to have to do that to hide my money from my fiance. ;D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Weaponize said:
Steve24/7 that is the greatest hiding place I have ever heard of. :D
I'm going to have to do that to hide my money from my fiance. ;D
That was actually a gag gift I got from a family christmas party. We do gag gifts, white elephant as some people call it, where we wrap anonymous gifts and the frist person opens a gift and the next person can either open a new gift or steal someone elses and so on until the end. Nobody wanted to steal the skid-mark undies that i opened, too bad for them that their was a $10 bill in the false pocket. But when I took it home, I realized it was the perfect place to keep my key accesible yet secure.

Weaponize, This should be available at the local "spencer's gifts" or other novelty store. Just in case you need to hide your stripclub money........

·
Administrator
35,509 Posts
Hey guys, if you have extra keys, I have one word...EBAY. I had a couple of extras laying around and thought I'd just make a few bucks on it, so I put each on an auction and started it at about $5. 12 bids and 7 days later, I got 21 DOLLARS for the key ! I was shocked - but if somebody wants one, and they don't want to deal with customer service, I guess thats as good an option as any for them.....in any case, I'm $21 richer and one key poorer...... :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
not to slow your roll bro, but when I called, customer service asked me if I wanted additional keys. They are $1 each.

·
Registered
267 Posts
texastaurusguy,
Maybe the person that bought the Ebay key had a stolen Taurus (with or without the Monte Carlo) and needed a key. Was afraid to use CS due to 5 finger discount purchase. :) Just joking, of course?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts