Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I‘m sooo loving my GX4, these things are workhorses. sure there’s better pistols out there, but these can hang in there with the best of them.

After having it for over a year now I felt it was time to polish all the internals and contact surfaces to a mirror finish, Which I did this past weekend. I was able to reduce the trigger weight from 5lbs 13.8oz down to a very smooth and crisp breaking 4lbs 9.4oz trigger.

Furthermore, I Cerakoted the trigger safety Firehouse Red (H-216). I think it looks pretty cool more than any other reason to do it, LoL.

I just figured I’d share the process with y’all.. Thank You.

Before…
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Dismantled & Polished…
Sleeve Grey Jigsaw puzzle Font Auto part

After..
Tool Font Bicycle part Metal Monkey wrench

All Done…
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank You… I got inspired by a timney trigger, but it’s for a Glock and nobody seems to make anything for this pistol. So, I did the best I could with the parts it comes with and ended up creating that trigger. Annnd… I have enough leftover Cerakote to do my brothers and our friends and then sone. In the end it was money better spent than just one item for one pistol, now I can share… 😁

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're a brave brave man to completely take apart two pistols at the same time on the same bench.

I'd still be sitting there!
HaHa! I totally didnt even pay attention to that picture. Yes, I was working on those two pistols. Im just glad I have no left over parts and nothing missing! LoL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts