Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out Taurus has come out with a polished blued finish gun with rosewood grips for 2013
that looks basically just like the Talo version. I had to call Miami to get the scoop since
the website does not show a photo of the new gun yet. It is a model 191101pbl for polished blue.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Polished blue will sure look pretty! and I like taurus' rosewood grips...can't wait to see pics!

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
37,328 Posts
Its about time!
good idea , offer the standard old dull combat blue and polished blue.
Now if they would offer tritium sights and adjustable sights as options they would be right on time!

·
Registered
28,625 Posts
Gol dang it! I don't need another 1911. But that sure sounds nice.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
37,328 Posts
Gol dang it! I don't need another 1911. But that sure sounds nice.
OH MY GOSH???----:eek:
What could posisbly be wrong with this guy??
don't need another 1911???
Thats like telling the waitress --NO- I don't need another beer!!!!----:chug:

·
Registered
37,328 Posts
As you all know i am just an old broken down Fire Horse thats pulled way to much ceiling down without wearing a helmet--BUT-- seems to me its time for Taurus to make the normal progression with the Pt1911 into a commander size, a officers size, and offer options like mentioned here.
Course they may likely still be selling enough of the old models to stay with them.
But again they have reduced the number of different models and even a few of the 1911 models (AL & 38 supers), so maybe enhancing what they do now offer is a good idea.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I really wish they would use some standard rear dovetail dimension. The only booger with this gun is the limited options on sights.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
olfarhors, I've said it before and I'm sure there's a ton of people in here who would order a 3 or 4 inch Taurus 1911 in a heartbeat without even seeing a picture.
Wake up, Taurus.

·
Registered
28,625 Posts
I really wish they would use some standard rear dovetail dimension. The only booger with this gun is the limited options on sights.
You can bet your sweet bippy on that one!
I never have gotten that. It's not like Taurus is getting rich selling replacement sights.

·
Registered
37,328 Posts
Actually the oddest dovetail that i have found in all of my 1911's is the Rock Island Tactical.
the darned dovetail is cut so deep that only dawson precision made one that would fit it, of course its their design.
any other sight base sits well above the floor of the barrel dovetail, so I guess you could shim it or get the dawson sight.
didn't replace the rear sight so don't know about it.
additionally the gun was shooting about 8-10 inches low at 7 yards.
measured the height , adjusted the needed height when ordering the Dawson Precision fiber sight and dead on the money.
I do agree though, its simply stupid to have all these different dovetail cuts , just complicates things!
I understand needing different heights but it makes no sense to have different dovetail cuts.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
As you all know i am just an old broken down Fire Horse thats pulled way to much ceiling down without wearing a helmet--BUT-- seems to me its time for Taurus to make the normal progression with the Pt1911 into a commander size, a officers size, and offer options like mentioned here.
Course they may likely still be selling enough of the old models to stay with them.
But again they have reduced the number of different models and even a few of the 1911 models (AL & 38 supers), so maybe enhancing what they do now offer is a good idea.
Just picture a Duo Tone in a Commander or Officer's model....SWEET...... Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Wood

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
28,625 Posts
OH MY GOSH???----:eek:
What could posisbly be wrong with this guy??
don't need another 1911???
Thats like telling the waitress --NO- I don't need another beer!!!!----:chug:
I don't need another beer. I've got my 1911.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Well that is interesting that it isnt a talo, guess mine isnt either as it lists as a 2013 make. Totally agree with the sights, really would like to have a fully adjustable rear site on it.

Kinda suprised no company releases a sight with a uncut dovetail that allows you to mill it to fit, i'll grant you that would be beyond the average tinkerer, but a gunsmith could do it easy

·
Registered
37,328 Posts
I may be really, really wrong ??
but has anyone checked Dawson Precision for a rear adjustable sight for the PT1911?
I know they have some unusual items on their website.
I pretty much accept my 1911's as combat type pistols and so not really looked for adjustable rear sights for them.
plus i got the Springfield Range Officer, the Dan Wesson, an 38 Super Pt1911 that shoots lights out anyway.

·
Registered
30,006 Posts
I want one!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Turns out Taurus has come out with a polished blued finish gun with rosewood grips for 2013
that looks basically just like the Talo version. I had to call Miami to get the scoop since
the website does not show a photo of the new gun yet. It is a model 191101pbl for polished blue.
So makes a Talo a Talo? I have the same model number as you but on this site it says Talo:
Taurus 1911 TALO .45ACP 5 in. Barrel Fixed Sights 8 Shot Polished Blue 1191101PBL Pistol - Cheap As Can Be Discount Guns / Firearms

So now I'm confused....

·
Registered
37,328 Posts
So makes a Talo a Talo? I have the same model number as you but on this site it says Talo:
Taurus 1911 TALO .45ACP 5 in. Barrel Fixed Sights 8 Shot Polished Blue 1191101PBL Pistol - Cheap As Can Be Discount Guns / Firearms
So now I'm confused....
AHH let me see if i can cloud the muddy waters here a bit more for you.
OK Talo is an aftermarket company that adds enhancements to factory weapons!
i do not know if they order them from the factory or if they adapt them from stock weapons.
Talo does a lot of different weapons, whatever they think will sale.
Now thats how i understnad it.
so Hottarod is saying that he thought the factory weapon he got was a TALO, but instead it was a new high polished blue 1911 that just came out.
So yes there could be a TALO edition for sale, but its not directly from Taurus stock.
I would also note that depnding on what has been changed the Taurus warranty may not cover it, so you might want to check on that before purchasing one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
AHH let me see if i can cloud the muddy waters here a bit more for you.
OK Talo is an aftermarket company that adds enhancements to factory weapons!
i do not know if they order them from the factory or if they adapt them from stock weapons.
Talo does a lot of different weapons, whatever they think will sale.
Now thats how i understnad it.
so Hottarod is saying that he thought the factory weapon he got was a TALO, but instead it was a new high polished blue 1911 that just came out.
So yes there could be a TALO edition for sale, but its not directly from Taurus stock.
I would also note that depnding on what has been changed the Taurus warranty may not cover it, so you might want to check on that before purchasing one.
Thanks. So I guess there is no way to definitively know? I have a high polished one myself and thought it was a Talo. I tried researching it online and even Talo's website but found nothing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts