Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 809C for about 2 months now and it's had about 500 rounds through it. So far, 7 people have fired it. 4 men and 3 women. All three of the women have had problems with it misfiring or misfeeding. About once per magazine they'd pull the trigger, the hammer would fall and... nothing. I'd reach up, pull the hammer back for them and this time , boom. A couple of times with my brothers wife she's pull the trigger and the hammer wouldn't even fall. I'd take the gun, slightly pull back on the slide to check if there was a round in the chamber and there appeared to be so I'd give it back to her and sure enough, boom. But never once has a guy had any problems with it. Even when we'd rapid fire 13 rounds. Is my gun sexist?????

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Sounds like limp wristing to me. Slide might not be resetting all the way. Tell them to hold on tight!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Have you tried a slip on grip in pink?

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
306 Posts
Not to sound sexist but are they limp wristing the gun when they shoot it, that cause a ton of misfeeds and stove pipes.

Reactions: Three Percent

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you watch this video, wait scratch that don't watch the whole video just the end @ 4:15 (unless you want to witness a poorly made review) when his friends shoots his 1911 and limp wrists the gun the whole time and practically shoots himself. I think it is hilarious he calls the gun a piece of s^%t and is such a wimp he can't hold the gun right, and doesn't have a brain cell to figure out you probably shouldn't have your finger on the trigger when trying to clear a "LIVE" round.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I've had my 809C for about 2 months now and it's had about 500 rounds through it. So far, 7 people have fired it. 4 men and 3 women. All three of the women have had problems with it misfiring or misfeeding. About once per magazine they'd pull the trigger, the hammer would fall and... nothing. I'd reach up, pull the hammer back for them and this time , boom. A couple of times with my brothers wife she's pull the trigger and the hammer wouldn't even fall. I'd take the gun, slightly pull back on the slide to check if there was a round in the chamber and there appeared to be so I'd give it back to her and sure enough, boom. But never once has a guy had any problems with it. Even when we'd rapid fire 13 rounds. Is my gun sexist?????
You're not the guy who bought my PT809c, are you? If so, I have to say I'm disappointed in it - it never once failed to feed, fire or eject for me. Why would it begin to do this? I thought it a terrific gun.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Sounds like your pistol needs a timeout in it's room. ;)

Of course those gals could also get a grip. :D

Reactions: darbo and Sekol

·
Registered
8,152 Posts

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Sexist gun..

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Sounds like limp wristing to me. Slide might not be resetting all the way. Tell them to hold on tight!
I think you have it, Fish. If the hammer won't fall, the slide is not fully in battery. Limp wristing is not a "loose" grip as much as it is not having any control over muzzle flip.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
I have witnessed shooters suffering the same problems with multiple weapons, even .22 semi-autos. They aren't used to holding anything like a gun, and tire rapidly. The gun is held in a fashion that enables it to move during operation, and it fails to return fully to battery. The best answer is probably to let them rest, then see how they hold the gun.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
You never really take your gun anywhere nice.
Maybe that ammo makes your gun look fat?
You never really listen to you pistol.
Does your gun crave expensive ammo once a month?
Your pistol feels she should have listened to her revolver. Revolver is always right. Her rifle didn't like you either.

I fear there is a BREAK DOWN in your future. I only hope you two can CLEAN things up. Only then will you two FEED properly.

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
The things I worried about as I watched that video:

At 1:28 it looked like he was going to circumcise the tailpipe of that truck

Towards the end of the video, I thought the guy in the woolly sweater was gonna slap himself in the face with the loosely secured off-hand. It came clear off the grip in several of his shots and I thought he was gonna let the hammer and slide bean him in the face as the muzzle rose almost 90 degrees with each shot.

And, as mentioned, looked like he was gonna shoot himself in da noggin when he tried to clear the round at the 4:15 mark.

He needs to find another line of work - gun critiquing just ain't his strong point.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts