Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the link to review Part 1:

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/millennium-pro-pistols/409315-my-g2c-project-part-1-a.html

It took a couple of trips to the range to get the sighting down. It's a whole lot different using an optic instead of iron sights. In the beginning I had the impression that the muzzle was low and kept raising it. Doing this, I found a reflection of the red dot and thought it was the correct aim point. A couple of shots into the top of the backstop and I figured that out pretty fast.

Something I overlooked in Part 1 was that I also replaced the guide rod. I went with Galloway Precision, who offers a 18-pound spring assembly (the stock is 16 pounds). Follow-up shots on target seem to be quicker. In another post someone commented on the stainless guide button. Although it doesn't show in the picture, I had mine cerakoted. The target is the result of 10 shots at seven yards. The low hit was number 10. I hurried it and knew as soon as I shot that I had dropped the muzzle.

Overall, very satisfied. Now I'm looking for a replacement slide assembly to swap when I want iron sights.

Attachments

·
9,093 Posts
Thank you for the review, the G2C looks cool with that optic. Good shooting too.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
To revive this slightly old thread......

What about the Keep Tinkering trigger- is it working good- can you tell us about it?
Thank you...

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The trigger has a 3.9 pound single-action break (measured by a gunsmith). I had the trigger and striker guide installed ("A man's gotta know his limitations."). The trigger went from a long, relatively heavy double-action first-shot pull and a long take-up follow-up single-action pull to a short take-up single-action pistol. I chose the slight curved trigger because I wanted one with minimal curvature. It lets the finger ride low so there's less force to overcome when shooting (fulcrum and lever stuff). At that time the only other product he had was the pseudo-backstrap model which wasn't aesthetically pleasing. He's since introduced a straight-profile trigger. The 18 pound recoil assembly from Galloway has a noticeable lessening of felt recoil, and so far I haven't had any problems with spent cartridge ejections. Overall I'm very satisfied.

Reactions: mrbillcollecta

·
Premium Member
11,265 Posts
DOAH! You do realize you shot the hostage, right?

On a more serious note, Tinkering sells a trigger that keeps the second strike capability. Is the SAO trigger better or easier to install, etc? I was thinking about one for my G2S.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
His You Tube videos should give you an indication of installation difficulty. It seems to me that if you are comfortable removing the fire control, trigger replacement would not be difficult. I can't say which trigger is better, I have no frame of reference. But comparing the functioning of the OEM trigger vs his is very similar to shooting a revolver double-action and single-action. I found the difference quite amazing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts