Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I ordered a set of the old non dove tail Williams firesights for my non pro 24/7 9mm, well the first time I took it to the range was a couple weeks ago and they worked great through about 500 rounds, well this week I shot it again and during some rapid fire the front fiber optic fell out and went who knows where. Well needless to say when I loaded up the mag and got my sight picture I noticed the front sight missing and I was pissed :mad: I decided to just finish out the ammo I had and make the best of the trip, What I figured out next was a bit odd, while sighting in with the fiber optic missing I was able to see through the front sight ring and use my indended target as the front sight and line it up with the 2 rear dots and I was able to hit the target better that way then I could using the fiber optic front sight :eek:

I had my Dad and my buddy shoot it that way and they shot better with it aswell, they said it made it easy to hit what you were aiming at because you could see what you were aiming at if that makes sence

Its just a range plinker anyway so I think Im going to leave it like that ;D

I will however still be giving Williams a call Wednesday

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I know the feeling. On my Judge and 444 UltraLite the red tubes both "disappeared" at the range. Called Taurus and they shipped me not the 2 tubes but the whole front sight assemblies for both revolvers. I put a touch of Gorilla glue on both so I don't lose them again.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE...

I called CTD and they said there was nothing they could do for me because they have a 30 day return policy so I called Williams and with out hesitation they said they would send me a whole new front sight. Hell they did not even ask how long ago I bought it from CTD and seeing as the gun is 3 years old and those sights have not been in use for some time now, I could have bought it years ago instead of 45 days ago, they did not care they are just sending me a new one, now thats great CS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts