Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I got a great deal on an almost new PT111 from a friend. I took it out and ran 100 rounds of 115gr. FMJ and was flawless! Very very accurate as well. This pistol is also my first on the type of "2 dot" sites as well. Seems easier for me.

Here is where the problem comes in. After I run it through some HP rounds to ensure I can trust it for a CCW, I need to ensure it doesn't print. Here in Georgia we can't open carry so only CCW are permitted to citizens. I'm about 5' 6" and only 153lbs so it's difficult for me carry full-sized frames without lots of big clothes, let alone a "subcompact" PT111. I'm trying not to buy a new wardrobe of bigger shirts and all untucked button down shirts just to carry.

I know part of the solution is a good holster and part of the solution is a good belt.

How do I minimize the printing of my handle on my pistol? I like to carry at 4 or 5 o'clock left-handed and cant don't really differ with me or my everyday activities.

Anyone with similar situations can offer suggestions? Cant degrees, types of holsters, layering?

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Administrator
I was going to suggest a good canted holster, but near the end of your post I noticed you are already aware of that. You'll probably have to experiment with the degree of cant to suit you. But a cant will help with concealment of the butt of the pistol.

Registered
I carry a Pt-145 in a Don Hume 721OT and it conceals very well. You are eventually going to have to get a larger size shirt to help. I went from large to extra large as I am 5'7" and 205. When you first start carrying, you will probably be very concious of the gun on your hip. Be assured, no one else even notices. As long as it is covered, it could just be a cell phone. I have also used this holster:
http://www.concealgun.com/item/70959_PS_PRODUCTS_Holsters_PS_Products_Belt_Slide_Holster__MFG_036B.aspx
It comes in black or tan and can be placed inside the belt or inside the waistband using the supplied metal belt slide. If you take the metal slide off, you can thread it through your belt and use it OWB. Either way, it works very well. Good luck and try to not buy too many holsters.

Registered
I always carry mine at the 4 or 5 o'clock when I do carry concealed. Have never had a problem with printing.

Registered
a good holster and also you could search the forum here to see how some guys have modified the base plate on the magazine. you shave off the pinky extension to bring the but of the gun in about another 1/2 inch. its not much but it helps a little. but mainly just get a good holster. like a supertuck or minituck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts