Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, my name is David and I live in Northern Florida. I recently retired and have been shooting since about the age of 5 but have never owned or shot a Taurus. A couple weeks ago I was going through my safe and came across an ammo can with about 1,000 rounds of 9mm I forgot I had. That's a good thing but I realized I didn't have a 9mm pistol any more. So what do I do, sell the ammo or buy a new pistol? I know, silly question so I started looking for something in a 9mm. I checked out several different pistols at local gun show and really liked the feel of the Taurus 24/7 the best. The problem was that nobody wanted to really deal. They acted like it was a seller’s market for Hi-cap firearms. As much as I wanted a new pistol I left the show without. When I got home and told my wife my sad story she suggested I check a local dealer that sold a rifle on consignment for me. I called them on Monday and they said they had a 24/7 in a 9mm and it was on closeout for 30% off. When I got there I was very pleased to find a NIB 2009 Taurus PT 24/7 PRO DS 9mm with Titanium Slide. I liked how much lighter it felt with the the Titanium instead of the steel slide and how smooth the slide felt. I'm a happy camper!!! Hopefully I’ll get to clean it and take it to the range tomorrow. I'll let y'all know what I think after I shoot it.

Click Here for a ~> Range Report on my 1st Taurus Pistol

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
I think you did well. Those are very nice! Welcome to the forum from Jacksonville, FL!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome, David, from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
Welcome from Maryland -where crabs are king!! And welcome to Mrs Dave, since she is so very smart and supports your hobby!:cool:

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard from Albuquerque New Mexico!

·
Super Moderator
36,848 Posts
Great find! Congrats on the retirement, the new pistol and especially the very nice wife! ;)

Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
We're happy to welcome you to the forum. :D

You will love the 24/7 Pro DS 9mm. I had the compact version in .45 ACP and it was a really fine pistol.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,137 Posts
Welcome from Kansas :wave:

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts