Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I traded my M&P45c for a Sig P230 SL. I have always liked the look of the 230 but just never had the means and opportunity meet. Well, today they crossed paths and I came home with a beautiful piece of German engineering. I'm not really a fan of .380 for carry, but I do find it a fun and accurate round at the range. I may occasionally carry the Sig, but this will primarily be a range toy. Oh, the Hogue grips will soon be replaced with wood. Nothing compliments a stainless firearm like some nice wood grips.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy smokes! I just hit up eBay to look at grips and accessories. Those factory nickle plated mags are outrageous! Those two mags are worth half as much as the gun itself.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Love my P230. It's never given me any problems and I've been using it since 1995.

·
Administrator
18,191 Posts
Congratulations on your new-to-you Sig P230 and may it serve you well! :cool: :smile:

I've often thought about picking up a Sig P230 or P232, but the opportunity has not yet arisen.

Reactions: Bamabowtie

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Today I traded my M&P45c for a Sig P230 SL. I have always liked the look of the 230 but just never had the means and opportunity meet. Well, today they crossed paths and I came home with a beautiful piece of German engineering. I'm not really a fan of .380 for carry, but I do find it a fun and accurate round at the range. I may occasionally carry the Sig, but this will primarily be a range toy. Oh, the Hogue grips will soon be replaced with wood. Nothing compliments a stainless firearm like some nice wood grips.

Welcome to the world of Sig. Hang around a while; I think you’ll come to enjoy the family.

And it is so hard to believe that SigArms was purchased for $1 in 2004!

Reactions: Bamabowtie

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
THAT, is a nice pistol. I have not seen any of those around, especially NIB, in at least a few years.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Congratulations Bama, I think you're really going to like your new gun. Mine is a P232 SL and is one of my favorites. I used to carry it a lot until I got my Bullpup. Mine has a nice smooth trigger, is more accurate than I can be, and is very easy to conceal.

The gun is a two-tone model with Trijicon sights. The grips are Replacements but they are not custom. I bought them from Hogue and they are made out of tulipwood. If you look around you can find them anywhere they sell grips. The holster is an outside the waistband by Galco.

Mine shows two letters, AA.. anyone know what date that is?

Don

20190205_090524.jpg

20190205_085225.jpg

·
Registered
507 Posts
Congratulations Bama, I think you're really going to like your new gun. Mine is a P232 SL and is one of my favorites. I used to carry it a lot until I got my Bullpup. Mine has a nice smooth trigger, is more accurate than I can be, and is very easy to conceal.

The gun is a two-tone model with Trijicon sights. The grips are Replacements but they are not custom. I bought them from Hogue and they are made out of tulipwood. If you look around you can find them anywhere they sell grips. The holster is an outside the waistband by Galco.

Mine shows two letters, AA.. anyone know what date that is?

Don

View attachment 433711

View attachment 433713
AA == 00 or 2000
Nills:

Hogue Rosewood:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If there are two letters among the Proof Marks and if Proofed in Germany, the letters are a Date Code.
Using that link the gun dates to 1995. I believe that was the last year they produced the 230. I think the 232 replaced it starting in 96.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts