Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
For a defensive shotgun you did real good. I've got a basic version of yours (M500 Persuader, 20") that I like quite a bit.

Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? Those sights have tempted me on that model.

Steelheart

·
Super Moderator
21,453 Posts
You can get the ghost ring sights for the 500 the back screw on and the front needs some small smith work.
I put a $20 fiber optic on the front of my 500 and it helped a lot five minutes to put on. bright green.

·
Administrator
35,169 Posts
Safety tip I learned on taurusarmed.net - DO NOT use the sights with the pistol grip....you'll get a mouth full of gun.

Nice shotguns :)

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
45 Forever said:
You can get the ghost ring sights for the 500 the back screw on and the front needs some small smith work.
I put a $20 fiber optic on the front of my 500 and it helped a lot five minutes to put on. bright green.
The other main advantage to the 590's over the 500's is that they hold one more round. Plus some of the parts are heavier built. I'm not sure which ones but thats what Mossberg told me when I emailed them about it a few years back.

Steelheart

·
Registered
54 Posts
Should make a nice deer gun.

With 00 or 000 buck, it should serve well on coyote of any color too.

Josh <><

·
Super Moderator
21,453 Posts
I tricked out my 500. By the way nice looking 590. It will get the job done big time . Nothing like rackin a 12 gage to get someone's attention :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheaper than Dirt has the ATI (which if i recall is the stock on the Mossberg 500 tactical) for 70 bucks

I intend on buying the Surefire weaponlight Pump and maybe the Knoxx SpecOps stock cause i like a shorter LOP

·
Super Moderator
21,453 Posts
Guys save you money I bought the one in my post and just like in the last few weeks changed it back to the full length synthetic. I've had shoulder surgery and that thing will bring tears to your eyes even my friends said it added excessive kick. I also added a limb saver shoulder pad and they do work just thought I'd add that on I know it looks good and feels good untill you shoot it. :) there is a brand thats designed to reduce recoil but there like $200 thought I'd save you a bad expirenece.

·
Super Moderator
21,453 Posts
If you do put the Limb Saver pad on it helps a lot. the short stock and hard plastic butt pad is brutal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
45 Forever said:
Guys save you money I bought the one in my post and just like in the last few weeks changed it back to the full length synthetic. I've had shoulder surgery and that thing will bring tears to your eyes even my friends said it added excessive kick. I also added a limb saver shoulder pad and they do work just thought I'd add that on I know it looks good and feels good untill you shoot it. :) there is a brand thats designed to reduce recoil but there like $200 thought I'd save you a bad expirenece.
yeah The recoil reducing stocks are the Knoxx Stocks...

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Job well done! :D

·
Super Moderator
21,453 Posts
My buddy has the knoxx on his 870 and he said they were a little better then mine. I paid $59 at a gun show and he paid around $200 for his. I think you'ed be better with the $30 limb Savor pad then spending an extra $130 for the knoxx. My opinion :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts