Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased my first semi auto pistol today. Ive always been a revolver guy.It is a pt709. Felt like a nice firearm....likes my small hands...and will carry a little later on. Dont care for the single magazine and cant seem to find any online, so I will have to search deeper.Plan on the range this Saturday.!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hi there,

Congrats on your new PT709. Be sure to give it a good cleaning before taking it to the range. Get all the packing grease out of it, and lub the slide some.

Here is a site link to where you can get your magazines. I purchased several from them for my PT609. No problems with the vendor.
But they appear out of stock at the moment.

PT 709-Slim 7rd Magazine

Also Midway, but they wont have restock until Feb.

Taurus Mag Taurus 709 Slim 9mm Luger 7-Round Steel Blue

Hope you have a great day at the range!

Rob

·
Registered
281 Posts
Watch ebay too.

Just looked on ebay
1 for 22
1 for 71 and 1 for 98 yikes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Purchased my first semi auto pistol today. Ive always been a revolver guy.It is a pt709. Felt like a nice firearm....likes my small hands...and will carry a little later on. Dont care for the single magazine and cant seem to find any online, so I will have to search deeper.Plan on the range this Saturday.!
Now I am actually second guessing this purchase to to the magazine inavailability.....deal breaker.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I havent been able to find 1 in stock anywhere & looking at previous threads, seems Taurus hasnt made them available for a while. Hope they become available again in Feb.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's the main reason when i bought my 740 i got the hardcase with 2 mags because Taurus is really behind on aftermarket support..

·
Registered
8,803 Posts
You can register to be notified on Midway site when they get stock on the 709 mags. Same for CTD. I've got both tagged for 709/740/PT111. I've no doubt the Slim nags will be available in near future - not so sure about the 12 rd. PT111's - may have to settle for 10 rd.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats on the pt709, great pistol. Also the mags were supposed to be out by Jan 28th postpone till Feb now. Ebay they are overpriced and people buying them from $75.00n up,patience and can get one for under $40.00. Also get a mag extension great addition for the pt709,makes even better feel.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearce-Grip...780?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2808346c.

I just bought one couple weeks ago and a big difference.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Congrats, I love my 709!

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Carry my 709 daily. There are too many 709 pistols out there and Taurus knows this. Don't give up on the gun. You will find some magazines and then you will be a happy camper.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
The 709 is a good small 9mm - been carrying one for over a year. I bought mags right off the bat. A LOT of supplies are out of whack right now. Not sure when the will settle down but they will. The same situation could be true with MANY new purchases. Hang in there. Try and enjoy the 'hunt'. Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
29,971 Posts
Just in case I missed you coming through the door...

Welcome aboard from
Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of 1 Million + Concealed Carry Permits and counting.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congrats, I just purchased the 740 a week ago. You can call Taurus CS and order them over the phone, thats what I did. Fair warning, I was on the phone for 2 1/2 hrs till i got to the person to order.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As of last week now 1.2 million and climbing!!! yes THE GUNSHINE STATE!!
Just in case I missed you coming through the door...

Welcome aboard from
Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of 1 Million + Concealed Carry Permits and counting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a new member and I too just purchased the pt709 Slim. I pick it up tomorrow and looking forward to getting on the range.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts