Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a blued PT1911 at the gunshow this weekend. Came with 2 mags and 2 sets of grips, one set black, one set wood. Paid $537.50 + $6.00 to get in.

This is only my 2nd pistol purchase and first 1911. My other is a PT 24/7 Pro 9mm. I've shot rifles for 15 yrs. but am soaking wet behind the ears when it comes to pistols.

I was running late, so I only had time to give it a poor first time cleaning. Stopped and purchased 200 rds. of Winchester white box 230 gr. FMJ.

I don't know the exact distance I was shooting. Just picked a spot that looked reasonable for a pistol. Gonna guess and say 15 yds. First shot, wow. Clean and crisp trigger. Nice manageable recoil. I was impressed.

This is only my 3rd outing with Heine sights, let alone a pistol and am definately getting better with the sights. I took my time and squeezed off about a 3" group. When done, I passed the gun and extra mag. to a friend's teenage son. As far as I know this was his first time ever shooting a pistol and he duplicated what I had managed. The day only got better as the groups started to get tighter and I got more comfortable with the gun. Fit and function were great. I can't wait to get some reloading components for this thing. If anyone reading this reloads for theirs, let me know what loads you have had success with.

Moral of this story, don't waste your time thinking about buying one of these like I did...

BUY IT NOW!!! You won't regret it.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Thank you for the range report and congratulations on both Taurii. We have a dedicated number of PT1911 owners on the board, myself included and others who don't yet own one but are leaning in that direction.

Mine is the blued model sans rail also. The only change I've made to it was to remove the plastic factory grips and replace them with a set of rubber Hogue wraparounds. Other than that small detail, my experiences have mirrored yours.

Are you considering any other Taurus products for future purchases? No reason other than curiosity. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
congrats on the new shooter. hope you love yours as much as i love mine. i just got in from shooting her alittle. put about 100 down range. ;D ;D as far as reloading goes. mine doesn't like the 185 gr rainer ballistics hollow point. it does pretty good with the 230 grainers, but if i dont seat the bullet almost to the ogive, she likes to shove the bullet into the feed ramp and jam. it does that alot with the 185 seated to the ogive or longer. :( :( im gonna try a few different hp's to see what she likes and hopefully i find the fodder that she loves. good luck, and shoot safe
:thumb: :shooter:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. I own a blued and a SS model. I have 1000 230 gr. plated bullets on the way from Barry Mfg. I will let you know how they fire and feed once loaded.

You will not regret your PT1911 purchase. I am waiting on the commander model to appear as it will be my next purchase. Also other caliber choices in the platform are on my want list.

Welcome to the Dark Side. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like a snubbie chambered in the new .327 Federal Mag. And of course the 24/7 OSS. Holster is Gould&Goodrich paddle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The bluing (not sure what it's called) on my two-month old PT1911 is showing quite a bit of holster wear. I use two, a Fobus and the wonderful Safariland. I think it's a 528? The point being that it seems a bit premature, but no matter, it's a user gun, not a shelf queen.

Having said all of that, I love the pistol. It works flawlessly and shoots to POA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts