Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a bug to try my hand at competitive shooting for a while, I wanted to try IPSC or IDPA but around here all the matches are on Saturday but I have to work. One local club does Steel Challenges on the second Sunday of the month so I decided to try my hand at that.

This past Sunday was my 4th match, I had finished 5th in the three prior matches and with 15-17 entries I was happy but wanted more.I also had handicapped myself by shooting Limited even though I was legal for Production but all the big dogs are in Limited and I feel that you only do as well as your competition. In fact if I had shot Production I would have had two 2nds and a win.
Almost all my practice has been dry fire, usually 2-3 times a week and every night the week before the match. In my squad there was only a couple in my class so I was having a hard time judging how I was doing but I knew I only had a few misses and no big screw ups, so that had to be good. Normally this club takes a 4-5 days to get the results but they were on the ball and posted them today, seeing myself at 3rd out of 18 has me pretty pumped up.

For those wanting to know I shoot a Springfield XDm 5.25 in 9mm, I put in pretty much every Powder River fire control part they make, some grip tape and every thing else is stock. I also use a Dropped and Offset BladeTech holster.

Now I need to practice to keep up my position or bump up!!!

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Congratulations on the good finish! I don't usually provide much "competition" to my fellow competitors but I always enjoy shooting, especially when I have shot well.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Reactions: stallard

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Very well done, and congrats!!! I carry a 9mm XD or my Taurus 605, so I appreciate your choice of the SA as well.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Way to go!!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Congratulations:guns:

·
Super Moderator
38,009 Posts
I have always enjoyed our all steel matches during our USPSA sessions. There's just something about the thrill of hearing lead on steel and seeing the steel jump!

Congratulations on the finish...onward and upward.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I feel the appeal of steel!! We always have some in IDPA. Shot some practice natches ( set up day) I could shoot 8 - 10 various matches a month or more but currently stick to IDPA and club level 3-gun. Money, ammo, marriage - capiche?!

I think Darbo and I hit about the same Marksman level in IDPA - mid pack masters. My accuracy has been going up and planning stages is coming naturally. I was 11th last week of 65 in accuracy. If I can hold that or better and add speed I'll be happy. My curve has not stopped in the last year. We'll see!

Reactions: Rossi and stallard

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Congrats!! :thumb:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congrats on the bronze now go for the gold!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on your accomplishments on the firing range. :thumb:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Congrats and good luck moving up...

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
Good on ya lad.

·
Super Moderator
40,702 Posts
Congrats, sounds like fun!

·
Registered
29,878 Posts
Good shooting! Sounds like it would be a fun time as well!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Great Job!! You were shooting really well. Personally, I have no where to go but up :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts