Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put hollow points in my pt111 for the first time today. The first thing I notice is: they rattle in the magazine. These are Remington 9mm 115gr JHP (L9MM1B).

Does anyone else have their personal protection loads rattle? My Winchster target loads don't make a sound.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Do a Combat tap on your mags after loading that works for me , :)

·
32,661 Posts
Good point, TnRebel. Whacking the back of the loaded magazine briskly( don't use too much force) with the palm of the hand should seat all the cartridges the way they are supposed to be aligned in the mag.

A couple of good healthy whacks may be needed to seat all the cartridges in the mag properly.
That advice has been forgotten in recent weeks. Nice call Tn.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip.

I have done the tap... one magazine quiets down, the other still rattles.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
My PT145 mags will rattle no matter how much I tap them. Never affected the function of the pistol. What I do know is when that first round is out of the mag and fired the rattle disappears.

Don't worry about it. It's kinda like when there's a squeak in your dashboard while your driving. It's annoying but it isn't going to affect the vehicle's driveability.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just like those Army 1911's from years ago...all good guns rattle.....one of my mags for my pt111 rattles,but not my other 3...my pt945 mags don't either.....they all work ok though..I'll add a comment about Taurus warentee here..when I bought the 945(used),it came w/ 3 mags,all worked fine,but the butt plates had little cracks in them.I called T and asked them to send me new butt plates..she said ,send the mags back.I assumed they'd replace the plates,but in about 2 weeks I got 3 new magazines..for free......I was a happy camper.

·
32,661 Posts
As stated above some rattle is a normal thing with some magazines.Others don't.
Doesn't necessarily mean they are going to pot. Just the nature of the beast.

As others have shown in this thread, checking them over for cracks or other flaws,even regularly, is a good thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts