Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does everyone remember their first gun. I mean the first gun that was yours only and not a gun you got to use of your dads or grandads. It may have been given to your by a family member or friend or you may have saved and bought it yourself. I remember mine was a JC Higgins 22lr Single Shot Bolt Action that you had to cock by pulling back a plunger in the bolt after loading a cartridge. Not your fast reloading type rifle but it was mine and I remember killing many a squirrrel and rabbit with that gun. It was givin to me by my family when I was about 10 years old.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Mine was a old cheap 9 shot, 6" bbl, .22 revolver that was gave to me for doing some work, I just cannot remember the brand name but you had to remove the cylinder to load or unload the pistol. I didn't have it very long I believe I lost it in a stream while fishing....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Yup I was 12 and my father bought me a Winchester 94 paid $80 for it.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Mine was a Savage Over and Under - .410/.22

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I bought a PT145 three years ago.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I bought a Marlin 120 12ga pump a week before my 18th birthday, and that was the slowest week of my life waiting til I turned 18 to walk out of the shop with it. It served me well for years and now sits in my sister's gun case.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I received a NEF 410 for Christmas when I was 8. Still have it and will soon be giving it to my son.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
My very first was a .22 revolver (probably an RG) which I soon discovered was inadequate for self-defense; so I traded it on on the first gun I truly loved.
For the low-low price of the RG and about $35.00, the LGS sold me a used nickel-plated Walther PP .32 with one mag and a leather pocket holster. (And this was a couple of years before James Bond brought the Walther to the attention of the world.)

·
Registered
532 Posts
My first was a Remington 870 12ga my brother bought me when I got out of the Army, in 1972.

·
17,584 Posts
Mine was a Mossberg bolt action .22 rifle. Wish I remembered the model. But like they say, it was the 70's. If you remember it you weren't there.

·
Administrator
39,383 Posts
I bought my first when I was 14, for $15. .22 RG revolver. Probably a 2 1/2 inch barrel if I remember correctly. I'll never buy another, as it self destructed.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Mine was a Remington Targetmaster Model 510 bolt-action single shot .22 rifle, bought in 1952. It's leaning agaiinst a bookcase now.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was 16 years old and used my first paycheck from work to buy my first ever Ruger 10/22. If I remember correctly, it cost me $90. Oh happy day! Now I own three! Love them!:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine was a single shot 20 ga I got for Christmas when I was 8. Wished I still had it. The first gun I purchased was a Ted Williams 300 12 ga (Winchester 1400) when I was 19.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
A Norinco SKS in 1992 was the first one that I filled out the paper work on.

Everything before that was something purchased by my dad or grandpa.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
My first was the same gun, as the OP! Left it with my parents, and it and my Dad's 410 shotgun were stolen in a burglary on their house.

Dad replaced the shotgun, but not my 22. Thieves missed Mom's jewelry, and a bunch of cash, that was in the bedroom. They even drugged the dog, that lived on the farm.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
My very first gun is my Glock 21.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
My first real gun was a little .22 revolver. It was single action, and if I remember correctly it was made by FIE (predecessor to EAA).

·
Registered
202 Posts
My first was a Mossberg 20 guage I bought on my 18th birthday. Believe it or not, in those days you could walk into a gun store in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia and walk out with your weapon.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
My first gun was a Daisy BB gun that I received for my birthday when I was eleven-years-old.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts