Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first hand gun this weekend, a new 24/7 G2 9mm. I shopped around for what seemed like forever and I like to think of myself as a guy that finds the best deal for the money. I love all the safety features of the weapon but given my current work schedule, I am military and they work me like crazy, I haven't been able to make it to the range to fire it yet. So I am not sure how well it operates. I only know what I have read, and I did a lot of reading. I tend to do a lot of homework on anything I buy, but at best I would say, when it comes to hand guns I know a little bit about a little bit. So With TN crazy high state sales tax I paid just under $450, with the background check, and I got the 13 round mag and a 17 round mag with it. So is that about average or did I over pay?

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Wecome aboard.

I had no idea on pricing but checking Bud's it looks like you did just fine with what you paid. Make sure you get that thing cleaned out real good and reoiled before the first trip to the range.

·
Registered
28,100 Posts
Never mind my eyes are not working too well today, been staring at a computer to long. Thought you said recoiled.....my bad.
I read it that way the first time, too.
In any case, I prefer to keep my carry guns pretty dry. :D

·
Super Moderator
27,124 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new weapon.
Also thank you for your service!

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
That's a good price.
My 24/7 Pro was about the same.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, that is a good price for it if that covered the sales tax. I picked up one in 40 S&W last year and paid 390 before FFL fees and without sales tax from an online company that recently stopped selling firearms. With the buying trend today I would say you got a really good deal.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Can't speak to the price but welcome and thanks for your service. Enjoy your new toy!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thank you for your dedicated military service to our nation, and welcome to TaurusArmed.net.

I'd say you came out well on the deal you made on your new 24/7 Pro G2 9mm pistol.

I have the 24/7 Pro G2 in .45 ACP, and it is one very fine pistol.
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun barrel

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

Thank you for your service to our country.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I paid 460 after tax and background check locally so you got a better deal than I.
I had originally ordered mine from Kygunco in Dec for $388 after shipping, after the FFL xfer fee and check it woulda been just under $440, which was the absolute cheapest I found on the internet, but after almost 2 weeks they hadnt even charged my card yet they were so backed up. Paying the extra $20 was worth not waiting over a month to get it.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Hello from StLMO!

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
That is a good price for that particular model. Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave:

·
Super Moderator
38,020 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois and congrats on the new pistol!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts