Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally finished my first build. Took me a while what with all that has went on for me lately. It was surprisingly easy to do. I can't wait to get the cash for another build. In total I have about $800 in the build. I could have done it much cheaper but I went with the parts I really wanted instead of doing a budget build. If you want a parts list you will have to read through the AR build...keep me going! thread. Anywho here are a couple of pics.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Nice. Any idea what you are going to do about sights or optics?

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Reactions: Magnum_Gauge

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Congrats! I can't wait to see a range report.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Range report will probably have to wait until after the holidays but it will be posted as soon as I get the chance.

·
Registered
21,103 Posts
Color looks good / familiar....

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will say anyone interested in this particular stock, be prepared to fight with the buttplate install. That was the hardest part of the build oddly enough.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
congratulations013.gif However, until it goes bang, the job is not finished!;)

·
Registered
24,496 Posts
Nice build. Need a range report.

·
Super Moderator
13,761 Posts
I like it, MG...good job. It's always special to build your own stuff, isn't it? Order up the parts and some small kits, put it together and make it your own. Congratulations, and thank you for sharing the experience with us in that other thread. Please, keep it going when you start the next one?

Now I wonder if I can build my own Lamborghini Gallardo the same way...and copper would be a COOL color for one...gonna hafta look into that..."Honey, how much money is left in the budget?"

Sorry, I got carried away, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Thumbs up, MG!

·
Super Moderator
40,374 Posts
Nice, how does it hand cycle ammo? Looking forward to range report.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice, how does it hand cycle ammo? Looking forward to range report.
Going to hand cycle some once I get the chance. Didn't have time to last night before the wife got home. I will post the results as soon as I do. I did modify the mags before the build and had them coming out smoothly with finger feeds. I'm thinking of going with some AK springs in the mags if I do have any problems.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts