Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Invested some of my govment money.
On a budget of course so I told the old lady I'd get the cheapest one they had. Well the 2nd cheapest.
I ended up getting a American Tactical Millsport. Seem pretty decent, guess I'll find out.
I have a feeling this is just the beginning. 20200418_145329[591].jpg 20200419_105008.jpg

·
Registered
24,497 Posts
Congrats on your new EBR.

Reactions: lbv361

·
Registered
588 Posts
I bought an entry level AR not long ago and it’s a bunch of fun and pretty accurate. Enjoy yours.

·
Super Moderator
35,521 Posts
Uh oh....another addicted brother. You didn't tell your wife that they are like Barbies for men did you? There's the bipod, extra magazines of all capacity, red dots, scopes, lasers, case catchers, and on and on. ;)

Congrats on the new EBR!

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
That looks.....EVIL. :devil: Congrats !

·
Registered
143 Posts
Uh oh....another addicted brother. You didn't tell your wife that they are like Barbies for men did you? There's the bipod, extra magazines of all capacity, red dots, scopes, lasers, case catchers, and on and on. ;)

Congrats on the new EBR!
^^^
what he said lol. I have every item he mentioned and a few : )

·
Super Moderator
35,521 Posts
I still remember my first one. That was 6 years ago or in AR terms, 5 builds ago!
I rest my case...

OP...maybe seek a support group fast! Olfarhors has managed to stop his addiction at one, maybe he's got some tips (or maybe not, he's hooked badly on 1911 and CZ)

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Administrator
39,366 Posts
I only have one. It’s still stock. I shoot the snot out of it every chance I get. I did buy a couple of extra mags though, and I’m happy with it the way it is. I guess I’m not an addict.:D

·
Super Moderator
40,391 Posts
Congrats. They are fun. The only one I bought was the S&W M&P 15-22 for .22 LR. The others I have assembled from various companies parts. I have 4 calibers now. .22lr, 5.56 (x2), .308, and working on the .50 Beowulf now.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'm a Vietnam era vet (navair) and heard all the bad stuff about M16/AR. But a few years ago I bought a budget Palmetto State AR m4. Then I bought a Ruger MPR AR. I like the trigger on that so I bought a Palmetto upper and Ruger Elite lower.
Yep, they're addictive!!!!! lololol
Congrats on your new AR but watch out, they're like potato chips!!!!

·
Registered
36,023 Posts
I rest my case...

OP...maybe seek a support group fast! Olfarhors has managed to stop his addiction at one, maybe he's got some tips (or maybe not, he's hooked badly on 1911 and CZ)
ahh--TRUE--Big Time!
But I have fell off the wagon a bit--I now own a Bushmaster 556, (the original one) and a S & W 15-22, and the PSA 300 Blackout pistol (newest one)!
by the way for me the 300 Blackout is the most bestest funniest rifle (if you will) that I have owned since I got my first 22 LR rifle.

·
Super Moderator
35,521 Posts
I'm a Vietnam era vet (navair) and heard all the bad stuff about M16/AR. But a few years ago I bought a budget Palmetto State AR m4. Then I bought a Ruger MPR AR. I like the trigger on that so I bought a Palmetto upper and Ruger Elite lower.
Yep, they're addictive!!!!! lololol
Congrats on your new AR but watch out, they're like potato chips!!!!
I am addicted to the 3 - 3 1/2 Drop in triggers for the AR. Makes a world of difference to me!

There are videos of shade tree trigger jobs which include shortening a spring (hammer/trigger?), bending it...some even suggest grinding off the hammer spur.

I've not gotten to that point yet, having the funds (95-125) for the drop in cassettes.

Reactions: lbv361 and MoKen

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I have a trigger on the list already. Have no clue as to what yet but been looking. Looks like the stock hammer is plastic and I intend to do away with as much plastic as possible.
I have a red dot on the way now, after buying two different color flip ups. (all they had in stock) Hopefully it will be easier to see with old eyes.
So yeah, plastic pins, safety lever and mag release are all going to go.
Anything else you guy could suggest will be appreciated and thanks for the replies. 20200420_150023.jpg I cant look at it enough!

·
Registered
21,103 Posts
Welcome to the club.
I have:
458 Socom
300 BLK carbine
300 BLK pistol
6.8 SPC
6.5 Gendel
& three lowers that still need to be build

·