Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave it a shot and built it myself.
The lower is from a local gun shop. CMMG lower parts kit, generic 6 position stock. Upper is a Palmetto State blemished. Without magazines I am in it for just under $450. Still got a few things to pick up but I'm pleased and I learned a lot.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Nice!
I started out with a DPMS Sportical and am slowly converting it to custom built.
Only the upper is still DPMS.
Finished 80% lower with a Bushmaster LPK and MagPul MOE stock and buffer.
I have a stripped upper with forward assist and dust cover to finish assembling.
Casper1.JPG

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am hoping to have an AR build as one of my next projects. My first and current AR is a Del-Ton Sport that I have upgraded.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it wasn't near as hard as I anticipated...honestly, the hardest part was researching what all the stuff does TOEGTHER to make a good rifle. Oh, and waiting on stuff to go on sale or searching for good prices to keep stuff within my budget.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Great Job indeed! I built my first one back in the late 1970's and still have it; they do like to eat as was said.

congratulations013.gif

·
Super Moderator
40,516 Posts
Congrats on the build, have you shot it yet? Looking forward to reports.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nah - been extremely cold around here and we don't have an indoor long gun range local

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Congrats! I built my first last year. I had the same experience you did. Learning how to assemble it was fast. Figuring out what combination of parts I wanted and finding them at a good price took awhile. I couldn't be happier with the result.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts