Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
155gr Hornaday A-Max over CFE223 per Hornadys relaoding manual. They chronyed at 2700fps @ 25 degrees F. Rifle is a Ruger American Rifle 24" 1:10 with a Nikon 3-9X40 Prostaf BDC. Rest was a fallen tree with homemade sand bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
That's not a bad grouping there. I think you might be on to something! I'd like to get into reloading one
day but my house has no room for the equipment unless I build a workshop where I live now or move
to a house with more room or a workshop already built. I looked at an old farmhouse and land on
Saturday with a shed, unattached garage and two barns. That would give me plenty of space to take
on projects like this.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Looking good. I'm on the fence about an American. It's between that, a 700sps or a Savage Axis.

BW

·
Administrator
18,161 Posts
Looks like a good load! :cool: Congratulations! :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
We have a Savage Axis in 308 and I was thinking of trying some CFE to see how it shot.It looks like it did good for you.How did you like it as far as loading and cleanliness? Did you use a powder drop ? morayman......

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
We have a Savage Axis in 308 and I was thinking of trying some CFE to see how it shot.It looks like it did good for you.How did you like it as far as loading and cleanliness? Did you use a powder drop ? morayman......
My meter doesn't go big enough for the .308 untill I get a bigger cylinder so I hand weigh each round but it meters very well in the .223. Seems clean to. It was spot on for velocity to Hornadys loads.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have yet to try CFE in .223. I'm heavy on the WC844 for plinkers & H335 or H4895 for distance & accuracy.

BW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts