Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local shop where I bought a new gun about a year ago to try to replace it.I had nothing but problems,back to the factory 4 times and it was still acting up.I got it back a couple weeks ago,never fired it traded it for this awsome 1996 pt 945.I took it out yesterday for first trip and it is a awsome piece.For being so light recoil is very manageable which surprised me a little.I blasted 200 rounds of various ammo with zero issues,shot,cycled flawlessly.I had 200 grain jhp/lswc,and 230 fmj/jhp.The 200's shot a little low 230's seemed on point more testing needed.My first range visit with the pt945 was better than a years worth of trips with the gun this one replaced,I couldn't be happier.I'm up to 4 fine Tauruses.Any info on grips,sights or holsters that fit if any would be great.

Attachments

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Reactions: skimp

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Congratulations on the new to you pistol.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Love the old 945's, the non-railed lower makes them more desirable IMO. Mine is from 2000, and I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol.

·
Administrator
17,799 Posts
Very very Nice PT945! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well!

Owned and carried a PT945 for quite awhile and it is shown below:

Taurus PT945 with Hogue Handall Grip Sleeve.

Some Holsters that fit the PT945 are the Fobus RU97 and HK45

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome to the 945's! Nice looking pistol,I'm sure you will enjoy it.Here's my 945 in it's current state. morayman..... GEDC1149.jpg

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
When I saw your PT-945, my knees got weak and I felt sick to my stomach with jealousy. I want a PT-945 to add to my collection.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very very Nice PT945! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well!

Owned and carried a PT945 for quite awhile and it is shown below:

Taurus PT945 with Hogue Handall Grip Sleeve.

Some Holsters that fit the PT945 are the Fobus RU97 and HK45
Thanks for the info on holsters that fit the 945,how's that hogue grip?

·
Registered
24,600 Posts
Congrats on your new to you slide gun.

·
Registered
13,938 Posts
AllRighty then, time for PT945 pictures. Can BBQ versions anoint the cover?

Yes I realize that the bottom pistol is a PT909 which I sold to another member here, but it was the first photo of the 945 that I came across.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Very nice and congrats!

As for grips you are looking at either factory Taurus rosewood or pearlite. I've also found some walnut and silverblack grips on eBay made by Ajax customs. Holsters I use are a belt slide and an iwb leather both made by Tagua for the Taurus 24/7. They both fit my 945 perfectly.

·
Administrator
17,799 Posts
Thanks for the info on holsters that fit the 945,how's that hogue grip?
For myself, the Hogue Grip adds more traction with the Finger Grooves and Palm swells, but it does add a bit more girth to the grip, which happens to fit my hands.
If you don't want the extra girth, the Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove for the S&W M&P may also fit, providing some nice finger grooves.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Since we're showing off 945's....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For myself, the Hogue Grip adds more traction with the Finger Grooves and Palm swells, but it does add a bit more girth to the grip, which happens to fit my hands.
If you don't want the extra girth, the Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove for the S&W M&P may also fit, providing some nice finger grooves.

Thanks for the info on the grips.I like finger grooves so will look into these grips.thanks again

·
Registered
238 Posts
Only had mine a couple months. But it quickly become one of my favorites.

Tuckerdog1

1 - 20 of 24 Posts