Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, It went kinda went like I predicted.

My wife shot her first 5 rounds from her Rossi 38 revolver, and then the thumb cylinder release jammed, preventing her from dropping the cylinder to reload. She was not a happy camper, as she really likes her 38. (She also placed her 1 shot center bullseye from 10 yards, and the other 4 in a great pattern around it).

Since I had my Taurus PT609 with me, and also my Sig P238, 380 cal. I let her use my Sig. BIG MISTAKE!
She loved it. I mentioned earlier that we also had another couple with us at the range. The girls shot from the same lane, so they both shared my Sig 380 for the afternoon there. It was her first time shooting, so my wife really took her time going through all the safety precautions etc. with her. I then went through all the features of the gun with them, and then let the ladies enjoy their time. Our friends husband now also seems to have to purchase a 380 for his wife! LOL.

I did manage to get to shot a few rounds from my Sig before it was claimed by the ladies, and was really happy with my shooting pattern. After they took it, I went for my Taurus PT 609. I didn't get the chance to change out my single eight sites, prior to us going the the range. But, the gun handled excellent, in fact, I did so well, that I no longer want to change out the sites for the 3 dot. Most likely I am just getting more familiar how it handles. I'll keep my options open on the sites for now, and perhaps may change them out in the future just to see how it shoots using the 3 dot siting.

My friend brought along his Ruger 40 cal, and we also had some fun shooting it, and my Taurus 9mm.
The girls stuck with the Sig, and occasionally switched over to my Ruger Single Six 22.

We all had a great afternoon at the range, our friends are now proceeding to take some private instructor courses, and also go for their carry permits.

The guys, well, it seems we both are going to be getting new pistols for the wives.
Although, I recently found out that Sig is going to be selling a new model, the P938, which is almost identical to the P238, but in a 9 mm caliber. It is only about 1/2 inch longer, all other demensions are the same. Also, it only weigh 0.8 oz more.
I want to get to look at one of these. Perhaps I can give my wife my 380, and then get me the new P938. Hmmmm.

I did manage to fix my wife's 38, so that is back to working fine. But.... she really enjoyed shooting the Sig.
She's always been a revolver fan until now.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to share.
We really peppered the few targets we had, and I kept putting new bullseye stickies on them.

Rob

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
I love a good range session. Sounds like you had a great one. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
26,854 Posts
But dont you hate it when you change minds and it costs YOU money?

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Any excuse to bring a new firearm into the collection is a good one.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
That sounds like a good range report. All but the problems with the revolver. I'm going to look into the Sig P938!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts