Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another of my favorite plinkers.

I always wanted a Charter Arms 44 Special Bull Dog.
While visiting my wife at her office, I just happened to notice they had a couple of them in
the display.

The black rubber grips had to go. Besides, I'm a rosewood kind of guy.

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

I handed it to a buddy last weekend when we were out plikning with our 22's.
His reaction was pretty positive.

Yeah, that is no 22.;)

Rick

·
Administrator
42,822 Posts
Nice pistola! :thumb: The grips really dress it up. Any chance those are Badger grips?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I buy all of my rosewood grips from http://www.gungripsupply.com
I am not affiliated with this company in any way, just a very happy customer.

I'm new here and don't know all the rules about mentioning vendors, so if that is out of line
please feel free to moderate it.

Rick

·
Administrator
42,822 Posts
No, I buy all of my rosewood grips from Gun Grips for Sale| Colt 1911, Python and Woodsman - Exotic and Beretta Wood |Revolver and Handgun Grips
I am not affiliated with this company in any way, just a very happy customer.

I'm new here and don't know all the rules about mentioning vendors, so if that is out of line
please feel free to moderate it.

Rick
Well, I did ask. Just curious about the grips, as I have a set by Badger, and yours are very similar. I love 'em!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Good looking 'Dog!
You're right, the grips really make it pop (well, the .44 SPL fodder does as well)...

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Had one of the blued ones 35+ years ago that I carried in the field until 1995 when I swapped it for a KP-90. Try a 215 gr gas-checked semi wadcutter ahead of 5 gr Bullseye. Mild recoil and a tack driver at 20 to 25 yards. It will shoot into less than 1 inch if you do your part! Yes they are that accurate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.