Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am one of the shooters fortunate enough to own a very solid 1903 KN Browning M1900. After sitting idle since World War I in the original issued leather holster, I started shooting this little darling in about 1968. Every trip out with it, performance was amazing. Pin point accurate, very repeatable, and a gentle pleasure every time the crisp trigger was pulled.

As I aged, it went back into the curio cabinet for another 50 years of rest. Right up until a month ago.

Today, I delivered it to my trusted gunsmith for the scheduled 120 year checkup. Without touching the finish or hopefully changing a single original part, my smith assures me it will perform like brand new and better than many modern semi-automatics. I do not intend to let it sit. Like many people, I struggle to conceal in hot Alabama summer months. On some days, this little 32ACP will be my pocket carry. This guns deserves to be used. It was made for shooting and I am going to do just that.

Be on the lookout for a complete photo spread in about six or eight weeks. I will also include the Capture and Claim documents issued by the U. S. Army to allowed my Grandfather to re-home this beauty. I am so excited.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Looking forward to pictures! Sounds like a great piece to have! The history alone is great. The direct family tie, well thats even better!

Creek

·
23,103 Posts
Can't wait to see it; what a fascinating piece of history!

You're lucky you don't need to have the finish touched. Decades in a leather holster has ruined the finish on many a pistol.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't wait to see it; what a fascinating piece of history!

You're lucky you don't need to have the finish touched. Decades in a leather holster has ruined the finish on many a pistol.
That is amazing. The blueing is very thick. The gunsmith said the process used is a completely lost art. He said the models made after about 1907 had much thinner blueing. I am excited to get this thing back. He did call already this morning to say one of the handle plates is cracked, but he has already located an original one and ordered it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking forward to pictures! Sounds like a great piece to have! The history alone is great. The direct family tie, well thats even better!

Creek
The "serial number confusion" on these guns from the first 5 or 6 years is very frustrating. Some with 4 or less digits and some with 6 digits. Some with a letter and some without. Without the Army paperwork, it would have been quite difficult to peg the year of manufacture. The official paperwork even has the serial number of the box magazine written with a wrong digit on the serial number. But, the actual serial number matches the other three marked parts of the pistol.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made this original post on February 9. During the night at 3AM on February 10, I fell in my home with a disastrous result. The resulting injury to my leg had me hospitalized for 27 days. When I cam home, I lasted 13 days before nearly dying from blood clots in my legs, lungs, and heart. I returned to the hospital for an additional 3 weeks. From there, I went by ambulance to a critical care rehab hospital. That wasa 4 week stay.

I have now been home for several weeks. My M1900 is ready for pickup. I hope to do that this weekend. I look forward to shooting again soon. I also look forward to participating here again.

I am posting a picture of my injury. I have come a long way from that night. If you have a weak stomach, don't look. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,320 Posts
Dude! That’s Nasty!

Glad to hear that you have survived and are on the mend!

Looking forward to pics of your 1900.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holy COW! What did you DO to injure your leg like THAT?
I passed out while walking and my entire weight landed on the inside of my calf. The weight impact caused my outer calf to explode from the sudden pressure.

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
What a physical disaster! Thanks to God and your doctors to get you back home. Keep on healing and get back to the range!

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
uuuhhh--ugg-hupp-hupp--cough-cough oh my God!
I am very sensitive to such things!
I am Thinking about some bar b que for supper??
anyway them infections can be pretty bad for sure, get better soon.
at least you still have two legs!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
uuuhhh--ugg-hupp-hupp--cough-cough oh my God!
I am very sensitive to such things!
I am Thinking about some bar b que for supper??
anyway them infections can be pretty bad for sure, get better soon.
at least you still have two legs!
Thank you. I am quite lucky the accident did not doom my leg. The blood clots in the lungs and heart almost dealt the final blow. But, I am nearly healed and almost ready to go!

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Thank you. I cannot wait to get that 1900 and put a couple of hundred 32ACP through it!

We ask everyone else for range reports, but we really expect one from you! ;)

Reactions: william

·
23,103 Posts
Holy dermal disruption! Wow! Glad you're on the mend!

We'll pass the hat for a machete scabbard...

·
Registered
29,851 Posts
Wow, now that's an injury! Glad you are getting better!

Hope the M1900 is patient with you :D

·
Super Moderator
40,661 Posts
Wow, glad you are mending up. Looking forward to more on the M1900.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts