Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is my story. I have been holding off to see how it turns out so here goes.

So I bought a new 24/7 G2 Compact in .45 from Cheaper than Dirt. So I picked it up from my FFL and took it straight to their range. I shot Armscor FMJ and had nothing but problems from the first shot. I loaded the magazine, and released the slide... and it jammed. I fired a few rounds and the slide locked back with rounds still in the magazine. I loaded a new magazine and more of the same. About once a magazine, I would squeeze the trigger and get nothing, I realized the slide wasn't returning to the battery.

Now I consider myself moderately knowledgeable about firearms, but I know I am no expert. So I called the RSO over and let him fire a few rounds. He oiled it and tried again. More of the same. He called the gunsmith over who looked at it, with no clue what was going on. So I left the range, quite pissed about my new gun that doesn't work.

I dubbed it: Bob Marley, because "it be jammin"

So I went home and called Taurus. I think many of you know what a joy that can be. About an hour later and two dropped calls later I got to talk to someone.

Once I got to talk to CS from Taurus everything was pretty easy. He listened to me rant and rave, and answered my questions professionally, when I finished he offered for Taurus to fix it under my lifetime warranty. He emailed me a prepaid FedEx shipping label, and directions. He lost me at their "6 week turnaround time" which got me hot under the collar.

Well I shipped Bob out, and thankfully it did not take 6 weeks to get back. I shipped it on Feb 10 and got it back on Mar 5 so it only took a month.

They replaced the Firing Pin Block, Recoil Spring, Trigger Bar, and Trigger Spring. They said "Slide stop and spring damaged replaced." They shot 30 rounds through it, cleaned it, and sent it back.

I took it out to the range and shot 100 rounds of S&B through it, and it performed well. Better than how I was shooting, but that is another problem entirely.

So in the end I am happy with my purchase, I don't blame Taurus for the defect, because they got it fixed and back to me, about as quickly as I expected.

·
Registered
24,604 Posts
And you are good to go. Congrats.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Glad it was fixed. For future purchases, its a good idea to clean out the 3 or 4 gallons of packing grease that Taurus so graciously provides for free, before heading to the range with it:D

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

Glad it all worked out for you! Now, go shoot some more!

Reactions: jwc007 and FreeInAZ

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
All's well that ends well, mmarbut! I'm glad that it's working well for you. Now - put some more lead down range and master that pistol! At least that's always my excuse when I tell DH I want to go to the range - I tell him, " Well, I need practice, the gun is better than I am right now!" :D

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
It's a nice change, can only see so many cats... Before they all become a blur. Here's Liberty, a dog who visits patients at the Mayo clinic in Phoenix, a awesome dog that I had the pleasure to meet.
What a cutie Liberty is!

Oops sorry I need to stay on topic!

I'm glad Taurus got your new pistol spiffed up and working right! As has been mentioned, clean before range!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Congrats on the new gun! I'm glad Taurus got you squared away.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Glad they got you fixed up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good customer service, bad production QC.
That is what I chalked it up to. You can't test every single gun that goes out the door.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
That is what I chalked it up to. You can't test every single gun that goes out the door.
Well, you can test them all and I would expect they fire all, but could be wrong as I never get a spent casing with a Taurus as many others do. Test firing would definitely affect their bottom line, but may save them money in the long term to catch a problem before it returns later from a pissed off customer + the additional expense to all concerned.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
22,300 Posts
Good report! Glad it turned out well!

Just saying 'test firing would help' is a bit of an oversimplification. How many rounds? Too few, and it won't catch problems like this. But the more you fire, the longer it takes, the more ammo you burn, and the more time someone needs to spend cleaning the pistol before it's shipped.

·
Registered
36,305 Posts
Actually quite a few manufactures not only fire each weapon they actually do an accuracy / function test on them before they leave.
I am not talking about a 1000 dollar weapon either.

Reactions: Wino

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IMAG0691.jpg
I forgot to include a picture of Bob. That is a Hidden Hybrid Holster. I will write a review when I start to carry every day.

Reactions: ISSMER
1 - 18 of 18 Posts