Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it is, my Bond Arms derringer.

On it is my 4.25" .45/.410
To the right from top to bottom
3.5" .45 Colt
3.5" .45 ACP
3.5" .38/.357
3.5" 9mm

On the left from top to bottom
3" .44 SPCL
3" .22LR

Looks like a small fortune in barrels, but only the .45 ACP and .22 were bought new. Once you learn how the trigger works, they can be very accurate past 25 yards. One thing I did find out is that 3" .410 shot shells were a waist of money. The muzzle blast disrupts the pattern. 2-1/2" gave a nice snake killing pattern out to 12'. The 3.5" .45 Colt and 3.5" 9mm are the most accurate of my barrels with the .357 a close runner up. The rest are nearly as good.

The trigger is a funny arrangement. You do not press straight back, you pivot your finger down. In short, you swing the trigger down and towards you. It has a much less felt pressure when you do this and explains some of the long distance accuracy people have demonstrated. If I don't share the secret, its funny watching someone try to match my groups.

It is far from a light weight pistol. However, you'll appreciate the weight when shooting Winchester PDX 3" .410. .45 Colt Corbon don't recoil as much.

You can argue that a derringer is probably not the best SD pistol, but Bond Arms built something that can lay down the hurt. At 7 yards, the slugs and copper disc in a PDX round hit the A zone of a IPSC with the exception of one disc just outside. Hornady .410 Critical defense were just as good.

It's a fun piece, but I keep thinking .22 Mag and a 3.5" 10mm. :devil:

Maloy

IMG_0067.JPG

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
That little gun shoots a .45 Colt??? Wow did not know that was available. I'll bet that hurts! Obviously a versatile little weapon. Well done!!

Reactions: dogchild

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
I am attracted to those, then think that I would have to get a gold silk vest and wear a garter on my sleeve! Maybe add a gold pocket watch with a gold chain and fob! (are Derringers permitted on riverboats anymore?) :D

Kidding aside...thanks for the review!

Reactions: jimb1972

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That little gun shoots a .45 Colt??? Wow did not know that was available. I'll bet that hurts! Obviously a versatile little weapon. Well done!!
.45 Colt is not bad. The weight of my little cannon is over 25oz.

Maloy

·
Registered
876 Posts
I had one. Regret selling it. I had the 410/45 Colt, 9mm, 38sp, 22lr. I'm sure there are a lot more calibers available now. Got mine in 2010. Kind of addicting to get different barrels.

A bit too big for a vest pocket, but in a pocket holster it was easily concealed. I would get another one when the opportunity comes around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts