Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, let's see: most of the banks in Tulsa have the dreaded gun buster signs posted.
MY bank (Arvest) was one of the only branches that I knew of at that time, that did not have
any signs posted.

When the first of November came, last year, we were able to open carry. I made a trip to
Arvest, after one November to do a transaction. They posted gun buster signs on the door.

No firearms. What the heck, I thought! Well, this very morning, I go to Arvest to do a transaction.
Guess what: they had signs on the door saying, No Open Carry! Well, I thought that was decent.

Now, at least I can enter that bank with my firearm concealed, at least! A step in the right direction, I thought! ;)

·
Registered
29,785 Posts
At least that's something.

I'd love to see us pass open carry down here this legislative session. There is no good reason for it to be illegal.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
If I were a bank teller or 7/11 clerk, and you walked in with a firearm on your hip and walked to my counter, I'd pepper spray your arse before you opened your mouth!!:eek::icon_ nana::D

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
Well, at least they don't prohibit concealed carry. Not bad considering most banks.

Reactions: locknload

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I have a fear of walking into my bank carrying.
They don't have any gun buster signs it's just a mental thing.
But then again I've only been carrying for a week.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I wish I could carry into my bank. I figure if something is going to happen it would be at the bank. But alas, gun buster signs all over the door.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
No gunbuster signs where were we are at,just at wildwings....I don't even like it anyway, too many stupid drunks yelling at the tv .I cc everywhere except at federal buildings and the hospital where I have to have a blood draw once a week.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have a fear of walking into my bank carrying.
They don't have any gun buster signs it's just a mental thing.
But then again I've only been carrying for a week.
This will fade rather quickly. i felt the same way for a short time. You feel like for some reason you are doing something illegal or wrong. Truth is you are doing them a favor. You are an additional level of security if only for the protection of yourself and other. The money is insured, let 'em take it all.

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
29,785 Posts
The money is insured, let 'em take it all.
That's kind of like the argument John Dillinger used. He wasn't robbing the customers he was robbing the bank! :D :D

While I disagree with his reasoning and his chosen profession, I will say he was a bank robber with style! :D :D

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
You are an additional level of security if only for the protection of yourself and other.
Every couple of months they have a security guard.
The tellers say they rotate one guard through the different branches.
Odd

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
At least that's something.

I'd love to see us pass open carry down here this legislative session. There is no good reason for it to be illegal.
I'm with you but the bill has been pending in committee since 3/14 so right now I'm not real optimistic.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I never noticed a sign on my bank the only place I know of that has one in my area is the hospital my wife works in.

·
Registered
442 Posts
If I were a bank teller or 7/11 clerk, and you walked in with a firearm on your hip and walked to my counter, I'd pepper spray your arse before you opened your mouth!!:eek::icon_ nana::D
I would like someone to explain why someone fears a visible pistol and are perfectly comfortable with a hidden one.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hey Mr. Bank robber! Here, let me help you shovel that money... I'll just stand over here and watch your last minutes of freedom...take it and leave. Oh, darn! Here's the nice police officer and BTW you'll be going to jail now or to the hospital. Don't mind that blue paint...you look goooood. ;)

Woodpile - the same applies to snakes.

·
Registered
29,785 Posts
I would like someone to explain why someone fears a visible pistol and are perfectly comfortable with a hidden one.
I think he was just teasing! At least thats how I took the smilies at the end.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Because if the pistol is correctly concealed, they do not see it; & they do not know it's there.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Rules against open carry at banks are probably just consideration for other customers; I'm quite certain the sight of a gun in a bank would scare lots of customers, and no bank wants that.

Personally, I won't carry into a bank open or concealed, even when there are no signs prohibiting it.

I just feel like carrying into the bank has a lot of potential for misunderstanding and disaster... hate to get mistaken for a bad guy, and then shot and killed by the on-duty rent-a-Fife.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Rules against open carry at banks are probably just consideration for other customers; I'm quite certain the sight of a gun in a bank would scare lots of customers, and no bank wants that.

Personally, I won't carry into a bank open or concealed, even when there are no signs prohibiting it.

I just feel like carrying into the bank has a lot of potential for misunderstanding and disaster... hate to get mistaken for a bad guy, and then shot and killed by the on-duty rent-a-Fife.
All your points are well stated, valid, and logical.

But I will carry anywhere it's legal; including a bank.

·
Super Moderator
20,017 Posts
My bank hasn't bothered to post any firearms signs but I was still very self conscious the first time or two I went in there but no more.

I wonder, how do they enfore anything as generic as "No guns/firearms allowed"? I know OC would be easy to enfore but, after all, concealed IS concealed!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts