Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's finally baaaaack! It took 4 weeks this 2nd time, but I took my 5" 94 to the range right after work (practically had to shoo some folks out of the shop). Put 100 rounds of CCI mini mag thru and 50 rounds of Winchester Wild Cat after that. No lock up, no keyholing - just solid shooting (even hit the 10 spot) - but I'd forgotten how darn tight the new triggers are! Oh sheeesh!! I found myself standing there pulling and pulling and nothing happening more than a few times tonight! I've got to polish the innards and trim down the hammer coil a bit - but it's sooo nice to have it back! I think I originally took possession of it in the first part of November, but only had it for 2 - 3 days total since then! It's been back and forth to Florida twice - but now it sure does seem to be "right"! I'm going to try to call down to Taurus tomorrow morning again ( I called them this morning around 9 am and got right thru to ask about the new Rossi R98 revolver, of all things and they told me that my 94 would be delivered today) and tell them how happy I am! They did a real good job! Too bad I can't call in sick and go play hooky at the range tomorrow - that's one of the problems of being your own boss! I'll let you know how the break in goes! You guys promise that the 990 trigger isn't this stiff right out of the box??? Once I get this 5" 94 broken in and polished and adjusted it'll be great, but it'll take a bit of work to get there - and I just might hold off getting another right now if it's going to need a lot of attention, too! Happy shooting, ya'll - and thanks to listening to me blather on...;)

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
Well, it is nice to see you smiling again! :D

Uh...well, I can't actually see you, but I'll just bet there's a big ole' cheesey grin on your face tonight!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Congrats on getting her back! I had an older 94 a few years ago & sold it like a dummy, one of my bigger gun selling mistakes, I miss it to this day. :(

·
Super Moderator
42,035 Posts
That is some good news, have fun!

Reactions: Sekol

·
33,637 Posts
The 94 is a great gun. I had an earlier 1980s version that stood up well and was accurate and reliable. Unfortunately I sold it but got another 94 with the full length underlug with 5" barrel.

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are funny - that's what keeps me going in the face of adversity - "baby" is going back to Florida again today - apparently the transfer bar broke after a total of 200 rounds thru her this time - but what they did fix the first and the 2nd time really are fixed!! Wasn't having any issue with the transfer bar then. Still can't figure out how I broke it since I'm not exactly strong! Got thru to CS easily first thing in the morning and they emailed me a shipping tag. I didn't rant and rave - just pouted a wee bit and the CS guy, Robert, told me that it'll go in front of the review board this time and warned me it might take more time. That's OK with me, there are more revolvers in the stable to keep me occupied! Kinda's scared to think about adopting a 990 or 992 right now, tho'...:confused:

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
Wow! What a roller coaster ride. I sure hope everything turns out good for you. I put about 300 flawless rounds through my 990 today and my shooting buddy did pretty much the same with his 990.

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow! What a roller coaster ride. I sure hope everything turns out good for you. I put about 300 flawless rounds through my 990 today and my shooting buddy did pretty much the same with his 990.

Laker - thanks for the heartening post! Right now I'm not gonna' think about the 94 or about buying a new 990 - I'm gonna' go shoot the heck out of my 23 year old Taurus model 96 - it shoots any kind of 22lr ammo I feed it, doesn't complain, and never lets me down! Big and heavy as heck, but who cares? We don't carry in Maryland, and I'm grateful that at last we still have the ranges to go to! But I would like to hear nice stories like yours about the 990's - some day I'm gonna' get one!:angel:

Reactions: Laker

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that's why people still pay the extra money for a good smith kit gun, the trigger pull is so much better, especially in DA.
Love my S&W 's —have several, including two old beauties:a 34. & a 35!But right now S&W isn't making anything longer than 3" in their 63 ;while thats great for carry –ehhh ,not so much for target. So the Taurus fills the niche.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
You guys are funny - that's what keeps me going in the face of adversity - "baby" is going back to Florida again today - apparently the transfer bar broke after a total of 200 rounds thru her this time - but what they did fix the first and the 2nd time really are fixed!! Wasn't having any issue with the transfer bar then. Still can't figure out how I broke it since I'm not exactly strong! Got thru to CS easily first thing in the morning and they emailed me a shipping tag. I didn't rant and rave - just pouted a wee bit and the CS guy, Robert, told me that it'll go in front of the review board this time and warned me it might take more time. That's OK with me, there are more revolvers in the stable to keep me occupied! Kinda's scared to think about adopting a 990 or 992 right now, tho'...:confused:

Well RASPBERRIES! :mad:

Sorry to read about this latest problem.

If they are sending this gun before the review board, just be patient with them. My TCP was gone for 8 weeks in 2011, but the review board replaced the gun with a new one, complete with two new mags and the Bulldog Pouch.

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
man thats some bad luck, id still like to get me a 94 though
Yup - I love my 4" 94, so kind of thought 5" would be even better for target work. It just really fits in my hand so nicely!

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry to hear of the new problem and here I was going to ask how long it was going to take to get rid of the grin on your face. I guess it is true that all good things come to those who wait! :(
Thanks LB! You're absolutely right - patience is a virtue! It's something I'm starting to develop in my geez-ette years!:)

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well RASPBERRIES! :mad:

Sorry to read about this latest problem.

If they are sending this gun before the review board, just be patient with them. My TCP was gone for 8 weeks in 2011, but the review board replaced the gun with a new one, complete with two new mags and the Bulldog Pouch.
Thanks MPG! I'm pretty confident with the work that they do in FL!! Everything that they have worked on is fixed- and well done! Now if the poplitical/economic situations in this country were better - wouldn't it be nice to entertain bringing the actual manufacturing to this country, and not just the follow up smithing service work!?:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.