Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

About a week ago, I got an e-mail from Bass Pro Shops offering a $10 discount on any $30 online purchase. Well they had Federal/American Eagle 9mm 124gr on sale for $10/box 50. I bought three and took the $10 discount. The made the ammo cost $6.67 box + tax.

I got an e-mail from them this morning that my order was ready for pick up.

I went to the store and picked it up.

While there, a young lady approached me and asked if I would be interested in becoming a "Club" member. Translation.. would you like to apply for a Bass Pro Shops Credit card.
I told her "no". She then said "You know, there's an immediate $20 reward on any purchase you make if you apply for, and are approved for the card." I asked "even if I get your card and never intend to use it, you'll give me an immediate $20 reward?"

"Yes" was her answer.

So, with no intention of ever using it, I applied. I was approved and got the paper work for the $20 reward.

I immediately went to the ammo shelves and picked up a box of 45ACP 230gr ammo that was on sale for $20.25. With tax, that made my purchase $21.67. I used the reward and got the box of ammo for $1.67.
Once I receive their card, it will go into the drawer with the other cards that gave me a great deal for opening the account and were never used again.

I just love when people want to give me things..

Oh, and I got a free "Bass Pro Shop Club" Baseball cap as well.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I did similar at Cabela's applied got a $250 discount on any purchase of $400 or more, used it toward purchase of my Glock Model 30SF cool score.

·
Administrator
35,567 Posts
Nice ! You might look at using the Cabelas card for purchases and just paying it off monthly, because I believe you get money that builds up when you use it. Every time I purchase something at Cabelas, that little amount grows just a bit and eventually I can get something for a big discount.....

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
That's how I bought my G2C. Immediate $20 discount plus an additional 5% Veteran discount. I have purchased other stuff on the card when its on sale and let the 'rewards' balance build up like TTG said.

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts

About a week ago, I got an e-mail from Bass Pro Shops offering a $10 discount on any $30 online purchase. Well they had Federal/American Eagle 9mm 124gr on sale for $10/box 50. I bought three and took the $10 discount. The made the ammo cost $6.67 box + tax.

I got an e-mail from them this morning that my order was ready for pick up.

I went to the store and picked it up.

While there, a young lady approached me and asked if I would be interested in becoming a "Club" member. Translation.. would you like to apply for a Bass Pro Shops Credit card.
I told her "no". She then said "You know, there's an immediate $20 reward on any purchase you make if you apply for, and are approved for the card." I asked "even if I get your card and never intend to use it, you'll give me an immediate $20 reward?"

"Yes" was her answer.

So, with no intention of ever using it, I applied. I was approved and got the paper work for the $20 reward.

I immediately went to the ammo shelves and picked up a box of 45ACP 230gr ammo that was on sale for $20.25. With tax, that made my purchase $21.67. I used the reward and got the box of ammo for $1.67.
Once I receive their card, it will go into the drawer with the other cards that gave me a great deal for opening the account and were never used again.

I just love when people want to give me things..

Oh, and I got a free "Bass Pro Shop Club" Baseball cap as well.

That was a good deal and worked very well in your favor. I might still “remember “ I had it in a drawer if they advertise specials with discounts when using the card. The wife and I have Belks cards used only at Belks advertising big discounts with the cards. Same with Home Depot.

I did the credit card deal with a Dicks about 7-8 years ago to buy my gun safe - got an $800 safe for ~ $450. Cut up and discarded the card when I got home.

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Nice ! You might look at using the Cabelas card for purchases and just paying it off monthly, because I believe you get money that builds up when you use it. Every time I purchase something at Cabelas, that little amount grows just a bit and eventually I can get something for a big discount.....
Along those lines, both my LGS’ reward loyalty points with each purchase. When mine are built up to >$50, I buy a gun and use those points towards it.

We also have loyalty points with our credit cards which are currently worth ~$2000 in cash and branded debit cards.

Every bit counts.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Back many many years ago I took advantage of a deal like that with Bass Pro. They had much better pricing back then. Any way if you had a bass Pro Rewards card you earned points for every dollar you spent. If you paid for them with a Bass Pro card you got double points on the card giving you Triple points back. Don't have the Bass pro Card any more, gave it up when they went with Bank of America branding. Not sure who they use these days.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I can't remember the last time I bought ammo from a store. I'm pretty sure it was in the last millennium. It's not that I load all my ammo, but back when I had some money I would just buy cases (usually 4 cases at a time) of ammo and have it shipped to my door. Likewise reloading components, powder, primers and some bullets as I didn't cast everything.
At this time I am considering buying some 6.5x55 ammo from J&G as I am down to about 70 rds.

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
I can't remember the last time I bought ammo from a store. I'm pretty sure it was in the last millennium. It's not that I load all my ammo, but back when I had some money I would just buy cases (usually 4 cases at a time) of ammo and have it shipped to my door. Likewise reloading components, powder, primers and some bullets as I didn't cast everything.
At this time I am considering buying some 6.5x55 ammo from J&G as I am down to about 70 rds.

Actually, I do this quite often. Got into the habit of “grabbing a few rounds” of what’s available while I’m out and about back during the last gun & ammo drought. Any time we’re at WalMart I’ll browse by the firearms section and usually depart several hundred rounds heavier than groceries. Whenever I’m visiting any of my LGS’s I’ll almost always buy ammo and browse the display cabinets. My amomo supply has outgrown my gun safe lately and I’m stacking it in unused rooms.

No such thing as too much ammo.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Or do it the American Way. Get cards from everybody and run them up to the max baby! Then file for bankruptcy and keep all the guns and ammo!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts