Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Alien Gear Holsters. They both feel real good. I like them, but I need a better belt. My IWB also feels good. I think I have the cant and depth adjusted well.

OWB

OWB Holster1.jpg OWB Holster.jpg

IWB: 1st tucked in, 2nd is with the shirt out, 3rd with the shirt tucked in.

IWB Holster.jpg IWB Holster1.jpg IWB Holstr2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
35,686 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality when I received my IWB for my PT145. I bought mine before they had the two fer deal.

Reactions: WartHog354

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. :) They seem to be a real good value for the price.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Nice! I have been thinking about getting an Alien Gear holster.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I adjusted the cant a little more. Seems to be even better now. :D

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
If I didn't make my own Alien Gear would be my choice.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Patty was struggling with her IWB holster. She tried the holster in a couple of different locations and couldn't find a good fit for her. Yes, the PPX is a BIG weapon for her to carry, but it is not the factor. In the 4:30 position she says her arm does not naturally rotate that way. And her arm is shorter so it's hard for her to bring her hand up high enough and far back enough to properly grasp the gun.

I readjusted the cant on her holster way back the other way (opposite from if she were carrying @ the 4-4:30 position) and she said that appendix carry with the cant where it is is pretty easy and comfortable for her. She's wearing it now and says it is pretty comfortable even when she's sitting down. We may have a winner!!!
:D

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Congrats on the Alien Gear holsters!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
The OWB holsters just look huge to me. All of the extra leather I guess

·
Registered
911 Posts
I love my Aliengear OWB for my 5 inch 1911. It carries high and tight. The width of the leather backing really pulls it in tight. Easily concealable and very comfortable. He'll I wear fitted shirts and concealing my commander 1911 with the cloak tuck 2.0 is a breeze. I hate wearing loose oversize shirts. I look stupid. These holsters allow me to conceal and not look like I'm trying to hide something.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
My feelings, too. I'll stick with my OWB DeSantis or others leather holsters. Don't believe you can beat AG for IWB - of all the hybrid holsters I own or have owned, their Kydex molding is the best IMO.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree too. I may want to find one with a smaller footprint if I intend (and right now I'm planning on it) to open carry.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've decided to send the OWB holster back. Just don't like the looks of it. I think I'm going to get a Fobus or a Serpa. I like the thought of the hardshell with the positive retention.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I recently received 2 Alien Gear holsters with their 2fer deal. All my other holsters have been banished to the holster drawer. The Alien gear are all I use now for the M445 44 special and I can finally comfortably carry the glock G20. I would recommend these to anyone wanting a IWB hybrid holster.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts