Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I have had a couple Taurus revolvers over the years and have shot a few Smiths...

But this little 85 Ultra-Lite has a sweet trigger.

It is not that it is particularly light it is just smooth as silk... a real pleasure.

What is your experience?

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
In double action, my 85UL's trigger is heavy but smooth. In single action, it might as well be a nice trigger on a nice hunting rifle. It is crisp and not too heavy.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
In double action, my 85UL's trigger is heavy but smooth. In single action, it might as well be a nice trigger on a nice hunting rifle. It is crisp and not too heavy.
Yeah, mine too. But it is starting to get pretty ugly as the finish tarnishes from being my EDC. Any tips on how to keep it tarnish free or should I have it painted?

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Yeah, mine too. But it is starting to get pretty ugly as the finish tarnishes from being my EDC. Any tips on how to keep it tarnish free or should I have it painted?
The trigger? Just polish it with some sort of metal polish. You don't have to make it mirror pretty, but just buff down any rust staining. It may not all come out, but it will make it look plenty good for a carry gun. If that isn't good enough then maybe dip the trigger in some cold blue after you degrease it with brake cleaner.

Paint on a trigger tends to just wear right back off in my experience.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
I use Johnston's paste wax on blued guns. Not sure how long it would last on EDC, but should protect.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My wife and I both find the trigger pull on her 85SSUL to be a hard pull but easy to get used to. I did a bit of research and it appears that the factory hammer spring is 11 lbs. I've been considering replacing it with a Wolff's spring rated at 9 lbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts