Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I needed a Gun safe/Storage locker. My wife would not allow me to have a Gun cabinet/ safe in the house. So I thought what could I do to solve this problem. After some research I decided I would try my hand at converting a soda/pop vending machine into a gun safe. I posted an ad on Craigslist looking to buy a Non-Functioning newer model soda machine. One week later I purchased this nice 7up machine for 75 bucks (Delivered). When it arrived I knew I was going to have a long road ahead of me, This thing was disgusting. After 48 hours of cleaning and tear down it was completely gutted and ready for construction.

I bought some 9/16" plywood at home depot and 6 50lb bags of construction sand to help weigh it down. Ordered 30ft of automobile speaker carpet from eBay and was ready to start work. I framed the entire box in, Carpeted it and installed two LED Tap-Lights. I still need to make the butt rest and barrel rest to install to hold all of my long guns. It will hold 8 Shotguns. Perfect for what I needed to hold. From start to finish (today, lights came in mail and installed them), It took me 7 days to complete this locker so far. I have ordered a Dri-Rod dehumidifier rod and waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I also ordered new labels and decals for the outside to make it look as professional and clean as possible. As of right now I have roughly 200 dollars invested. I'm extremely happy with the quality and the fit and finish. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks FatMatt

These pictures are in order from when it was first delivered to today.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Great job good idea maybe you should build a couple more and sell them. You could cut your time in half now that you have the prototype done.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I'll take it! I'll take 12!

·
Registered
597 Posts
What an awesome project. How deceiving as well, no intruder would even think that the good stuff would be in the 7 up machine in the garage. Very nice looks very professional as well, I build things for a living so from me to you jobwell done.

·
Registered
251 Posts
That's awesome man. Would be cool to wire up the buttons to unlock it

Reactions: FatMatt92

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
That is one nice job that you did, not to mention this is one of the last places a crook would look. Hiding in plain site:)

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Looks nice. Great job.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Saw another one done out pf an old Pepsi machine. Guy left the lights wired up so the front was lit up just like a real dispenser.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Good job, I like it.

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's awesome. I have an old vintage freezer and am in need of some place to store my guns. I can see a project in my future.
welcome to the forum. I would love to convert a vintage freezer over, or some other piece of equipment/furniture.. When I was a kid I use to hide my things in speaker boxes. I have always been a fan of hiding in plain sight.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
That is an excellent idea and a nice job as well! I like it!

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Very nice sir, that is definitely a creative solution that ranks up there with the Beermeister.

·
Super Moderator
26,863 Posts
Definately a job well done! AND creative.

·
Registered
597 Posts
welcome to the forum. I would love to convert a vintage freezer over, or some other piece of equipment/furniture.. When I was a kid I use to hide my things in speaker boxes. I have always been a fan of hiding in plain sight.
I just wonder exactly what "things" we would have hid in a speaker box when we were "younger"..lol ;)

Reactions: Sarge
1 - 20 of 59 Posts