Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer finally found one, so it is on order and should be here by Wednesday! I can't wait to get it and go to the range. Any thoughts on some good .38 special rounds to break it in with?

Ed

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked it up yesterday! Very, very nice. Just need to clean all the oil off it and go to the range!

Ed

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! The 627 is one sweet revolver. I would test various inexpensive rounds to find one that works well for plinking, etc. Then try some defensive rounds to see what works in that department. You of course have the option of going .38 or .357. When you found them, buy a handful of boxes and enjoy your revolver. One defensive load that I can recommend via experience is the Federal 110gr Hydra-shok loading.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it out to the range and put 100 rounds through it and had a great time. It is rock solid and was just a little low at seven yards. Three clicks of up on the sight and it was dialed in with .38 special 130 grain FMJ's. The rubber grip feels great and fits my hand just right. I could not be happier with it!

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts