Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
switched from a Sig 9mm for EDC to a revolver... want something with adequate punch but not too heavy or big so i went with a 650 CIA hammerless in blued finish.

great carry weapon but i can't do hammerless so i traded it for a 605 in SS finish.

now, the finish is great on these but i want something a little nicer... so im doing some polishing - keep in mind, these images don't do this thing any justice at all.

before:

during:

im about half way through with the polish job on one side, after i'm finished with the polish job, these are going on:

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Those grips will really set it off nicely, but I think I'll stick with the stock rubber grips that came on mine due to the recoil of the little beast. :D

Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I have had a few 605's in the past..great guns..i once hada 605 polished SS 2 1/4 in barrel ported and had longer grips...really like that gun , but i traded her off....

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
Everyone should have at least one 2-3 inch barreled mid sized stainless steel. 357.

They are compact enough for concealed carry, accurate enough fot long range if needed, and can be loaded from "mild to wild".

In short your "one size fits all" gun. ;)

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Looks good. I've got wood Hogue monogrips on my 605SS. Since they fill your hand better, the felt recoil is tollerable.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Very nice, my next gun will most probably be a 357 revolver.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those grips will really set it off nicely, but I think I'll stick with the stock rubber grips that came on mine due to the recoil of the little beast. :D
have you had any problems with the Hornady FTX shells getting stuck in the cylinder? i fired 4 in a row that got stuck, the federals, handloads and remingtons i was firing in the same session were fine, but the FTXs kept sticking.

Explain how you are polishing the 605 ??? looks really nice...
mothers mag polish, 4 old T-Shirts and the occasional trip to the garage for some dremel action. 90% is hand polished, though... and by 'hand polished' i mean, 'drunk.'

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update: still working on the one side.

photo.JPG

photo (2).JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Absolute whale of a job.......I'd like to get the courage up to try that with my Charter Mag Pug dang ..I'm lazy

I think it would look nice polished... a Pimped Charter !!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Absolute whale of a job.......I'd like to get the courage up to try that with my Charter Mag Pug dang ..I'm lazy

I think it would look nice polished... a Pimped Charter !!!

you should do it!! that would look amazing polished.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
They are a couple of Charter models that have the Cylinder and Barrel polished ..but I've never seen a Charter revolver polished..nickled but not polished...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Administrator
35,119 Posts
Can't wait to see it when you're finished.....what manufacturer are those grips, and where did you get them? I like that idea alot.

Ever thought of getting a little risky and having a smith drill a hole into the front sight so a fiberoptic tube could be inserted?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can't wait to see it when you're finished.....what manufacturer are those grips, and where did you get them? I like that idea alot.

Ever thought of getting a little risky and having a smith drill a hole into the front sight so a fiberoptic tube could be inserted?
the grips are from Thailand... just ebay searched for some and came across those - i think they're gorgeous.

never considered a fiber optic tube in the front sight... not sure how light would get in, other than the two open ends. have you tried that before?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Everyone should have at least one 2-3 inch barreled mid sized stainless steel. 357. ;)
Amen on that!

I am still saving to get a M605 SS in .357 mag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love your stainless 605.....New to forum, don't know where to go to ask for advice...thanks

I just bought a 605 .357 blued, and someone else wants to trade me a stainless spesco .38 w/ pearl grips...im tempted, so im looking for some advice either way. Thx

1 - 20 of 25 Posts