Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Nice collection you have going there. I don't know about TN., but at the fun show here in TX. today, the ONE SR1911 available was $899. Ouch! :(

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Nice collection.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I like the P97! As to the 1911, there are so many nice ones out there, that it's hard to choose. I am a big fan of Auto-Ordnance, so I would probably buy one theirs....... Or, perhaps the new MR Desert Eagle 1911.......

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks for sharing your .45 ACP collection of handguns with us. (Excuse me, I've got to get a tissue and wipe the drool off my keyboard.) :p

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice collection and a lot of handsome .45s there! I'm also wanting a SR1911 also and that may be a future purchase.

·
Registered
13,872 Posts
I am really loving my Smith and Wesson Series E 1911 .45 Some folks don't care much for the fish scales on the slide, but I tend to over oil my pistols when I clean them. And even with my hands all oiled up on an over oiled slide those scales provide one heck of a grip surface to pull the slide back and chamber a round.
Cost was $799 plus $20 shipping and FFL of $15.

·
Registered
112 Posts
nice collection!
i had the same ruger.it had a habit of going off by itself when a round was chambered.it was new traded it to a gunsmith for a taurus pt145

·
Registered
36,101 Posts
Nice collection but why in the world would anyone want more than 1 pistol chambered in 45 ACP???---:icon_ lala:

----------------------------------------:stupid:-------------------------------------------

Reactions: Buckeye! and Zylo_X

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Nice collection but why in the world would anyone want more than 1 pistol chambered in 45 ACP???---:icon_ lala:

----------------------------------------:stupid:-------------------------------------------
i know thats what i was thinking.... As you can see in the pictures ..I have one 1911.....one Ruger P97 (polymer) one Smith DA Revolver , and one Ruger Single action

1 X 1 X 1 X 1 = 1 simple math...

·
Registered
36,101 Posts
I saw a really nice 45 ACP Model 1950 S & W , blue, 6 inch barrel with target sights on it in about 90% condition last week at the gun range, that would have fit right into your collection.
they didn't have it priced at the time, and of course I shoot everything that i own so no need to me to get something in that shape and that age.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts

WTF!! Did you double down on your meds by mistake?? :D

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
By looking at my handguns pictured in this post...just how versatile the 45acp is !!!!!

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
By looking at my handguns pictured in this post...just how versatile the 45acp is !!!!!
Yep, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Especially nowadays with new designs that get past the 7-8 round limitation, even more to luv. :D

·
Administrator
17,688 Posts
Very Nice Collection of .45's you have there! :cool:

Hmmm? Yep, I have four .45's currently and still want a few more. Happy with what I have, but there always seems to be something else coming along that grabs my attention. If there's a 12 step program for .45-aholism, I don't want to know about it! Not yet ready to admit I have a problem! Problem? What Problem?

On my want's list:
Standard 24/7 Pro .45
EAA Sarsilmaz K2-45
yet another 1911 of some kind

·
Registered
36,101 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts