Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a day of local pawn shop hunting, I found this beauty for a price too low to pass up. An S&W Model 681 .357 Magnum (fixed sight L-frame). It's in around 90-95% condition and dates back to late 1982. I bought her as a shooter...so that's what she's going to do :)

Attachments

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
You're gonna love, mine's a tack driver.

This one I wish S&W would have continued to produce!
:D

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Very nice, I am hoping one of my friends can locate a nice condition Model 66-2 or 66-4 for me. I used his for my CCW class and really liked it a lot.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Nice find! That's a real beauty you have there!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
That is a beauty, I want another wheel gun in .38/357 so much fun to take to the range and pound away at targets with wadcutters....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Administrator
35,507 Posts
NYPD, I'm beginning to worry that you have too many guns in your collection. Just send me a couple, including your Taurus 431, for safekeeping and it will make me feel better. A LOT better. :D

Cause that's the kinda guy I am.

That is a real beauty, congrats on the addition !

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Looks like you picked up a "keeper"!!! Congrats....

·
Super Moderator
27,039 Posts
Congrats and welcome back!

·
Administrator
40,090 Posts
Nice pistola! :thumb: I had a S&W revolver in mind for a shooter a little over a month ago, when I was distracted by another S&W. M&P 15. It went home with me instead of the revolver. I gotta learn to stay focused. Maybe next time! :sad:

·
Super Moderator
36,761 Posts
Congratulations on finding a beautiful and classic revolver!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Real nice!! I'm a big S&W revolver fan. Just picked up a 3" 65-3 myself.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on a very fine acquisition! ;)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
All I can say is NICE!!!!!! Enjoy oh and range report.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
After a day of local pawn shop hunting, I found this beauty for a price too low to pass up. An S&W Model 681 .357 Magnum (fixed sight L-frame). It's in around 90-95% condition and dates back to late 1982. I bought her as a shooter...so that's what she's going to do :)
Very sharp, and looks like it's 'all business'. Can't wait to hear how it shoots!

·
Administrator
18,039 Posts
Very Nice! :cool: Congratulations! :)

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Very nice, i need a pawn shop that i could stumble onto a good deal in.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Nice revolver, NYPD! There is just something about a revolver that makes going to the range a lot more fun! Enjoy!

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
I like the Two digit S & W's with a dash more than the three digit, but 1982 is still a good number, and I have a feeling you bought it right.

My greatest admiration for fine handguns is is found in the pre-model dates.

Should I score a Police Positive .38 S & W in 94% condition for $350? I've got a handle on one from a little old lady, and while it would be a good shooter, I know I won't want to buy ammo for it or set up to reload it. I know I probably should, but feel my
favorite lgs will give $400 for it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts