Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The seemingly endless wait is over. I headed off in the midst of a snowstorm for the 10 mile ride to my LGS. There was no one on the road except snowplows and Subarus. I was in the latter. While the clerk wrote up a sale with another customer, I patiently perused the display cases and found a neat little friend to take home with the Colt ... a nice Beretta 950BS in 25 ACP for a hundred bucks. I couldn't pass it up, and because I was picking up one gun already, I was allowed to bring it home too without filling out another set of applications. Both got a thorough cleaning and oiling and greasing. The Colt was pretty dirty but looks good and is nice and tight. The Beretta wasn't bad but got the same treatment. That little guy fits perfectly in the watch pocket of my jeans. The snow is too deep to shoot in the backyard, but you can bet I'll be at the indoor range on Monday.
For the 1911 purists, what I bought is a very nice gun, not perfect, but it is and might be the only one I ever see at a reasonable price. I'll post a full range report on Monday. :guns:
DSC_0053.JPG
DSC_0047.JPG

Reactions: chicharrones

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
If guns could speak, I would be very interested in what that 1918 vintage 1911 would have to say. Excellent find, and I look forward to the range report.

Reactions: Taurus_9mm

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats! I'm glad you were able to get this piece of history. :thumb: :clap::yipee::icon_ rocker::yeahbaby01::rating10:

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Nice pair of shooters-
Old Beretta 25 acp?????............wasn't that James Bond's first carry gun? Wasn't he forbidden to carry it and then was issued a PPK 380?

"midst of a snowstorm"........whats a snowstorm?

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Congrats I just found a 1911 made in 1919 that I can't afford but loved handling it. Way to much history in those guns. They need to speak darn it. LOL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice pair of shooters-
Old Beretta 25 acp?????............wasn't that James Bond's first carry gun? Wasn't he forbidden to carry it and then was issued a PPK 380?

"midst of a snowstorm"........whats a snowstorm?
John, picture cold sand falling out of the sky = snowstorm. We got a little more than 6 inches and the temperature barely broke 20 degrees.
The Beretta is 25 ACP and Made in USA. And yes, James Bond carried one early on. Great little gun .. 8 round mag with flip up barrel for number 9.

·
Registered
31,694 Posts
Congrats on both. While James Bond would have been proud of you, and while Ian Fleming had worked for her Majesty's secret service, he wrote good books, but didn't rally know squat about firearms!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on "doubling your pleasure and doubling your fun!" :guns:

(Thought that was only possible with Doublemint gum.)

Reactions: Willboat

·
Super Moderator
35,525 Posts
Congrats on giving those senior citizens a good home! :D

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new (to you) firearms.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The seemingly endless wait is over. I headed off in the midst of a snowstorm for the 10 mile ride to my LGS. There was no one on the road except snowplows and Subarus. I was in the latter. While the clerk wrote up a sale with another customer, I patiently perused the display cases and found a neat little friend to take home with the Colt ... a nice Beretta 950BS in 25 ACP for a hundred bucks. I couldn't pass it up, and because I was picking up one gun already, I was allowed to bring it home too without filling out another set of applications. Both got a thorough cleaning and oiling and greasing. The Colt was pretty dirty but looks good and is nice and tight. The Beretta wasn't bad but got the same treatment. That little guy fits perfectly in the watch pocket of my jeans. The snow is too deep to shoot in the backyard, but you can bet I'll be at the indoor range on Monday.
For the 1911 purists, what I bought is a very nice gun, not perfect, but it is and might be the only one I ever see at a reasonable price. I'll post a full range report on Monday. :guns:
View attachment 20008
View attachment 20011
Some say no collection is complete until a genuine 1911 becomes part of it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
One day I will own an original 1911. Definitely jealous now

Congrats on your own little piece of history and the Beretta as well

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice score and definitely look forward to hearing a range report! If those old pistols could talk I'm sure they'd have a lot of stories to tell. :)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Beretta is a perfect gun to conceal in the watch pocket of my jeans.
pocket.jpg

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I hate to bust your bubble, Will, but, ah, well, uh, the pistol grip is showing. ;) (wink, wink!)

Reactions: Willboat
1 - 20 of 28 Posts