Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sweet .45 Duotone........custom Grips stainless grip screws on the way..........6 weeks :-( The blue should look nice on this one. Cleaned it up tonight (learned my lesson with the first one) and heading to the range this weekend. Gun feel solid, trigger is nice, good balance, not sure you can beat the Taurus for a good value.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
That sure isn't the three stooges! Congratulations!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sure isn't the three stooges! Congratulations!
First........ABO for sure............ The only 2 things I don't like about the Taurus are easy to fix. Cheap plastic grips.........and packed in bearing grease lol.............My S&W is perfect. Next up a Ruger SR 1911, probably in 2014? When production catches up.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
While cleaning up a new Taurus you get to look at the pretty pieces and see how the gun works. I enjoy that first cleaning and get an education every time.

Some day I'm going to tear down my 1911 just to look in there. I sure don't want to change anything because it works so well.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
36,087 Posts
Condrats!
the duo-tones are very atractive weapons and normally shoot very well too!

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Sweeeeeet.
The more I hear, the more I want one to keep my old 1911 series 70 company.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Congrats, very nice set!! A Duo Tone is still on my list. Really like that S&W too. Something about those 'fish scales' really make a diference.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Those blue grips will really dress-up your new 1911 nicely.:thumb:

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
You've got a nice collection of 1911's Speedfreak! That's a gun that is missing from my arsenal and I
may have to change that soon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice! I wish Taurus would come out with a short one soon though, I love my PT1911 however shorter would be a much better summer carry option for me. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a trio of PT1911s, started with a 45 in 07, then added the .38 Super and finally a 9mm. All good shooters and very reliable and I'll keep all three. I have other 1911s I like also from Colt .45 LW Commander, Para PDA 9, Gun Rights 45, Springfield 45 Champion, SS Loaded and a RIA 38 Super. And the Taurus' don't have to take a backseat to any of them, but will admitt am partial to my old Colt LW Commander.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts