Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This from a friend of mine on another forum:

"If you shoot a muzzleloader and use Pyrodex or 777 pellets (.50 cal 50gr equiv.) check out your local Walmart.

Just scored several boxes at $9 each!!!!!!! These are the 100 pellet boxes that normally run $30. They are clearing out seasonal hunting supplies.

They were marked $17 but ring up at $9 per box. I know all stores run different deals but it might be worth looking at if you want to stock up.

If you worry about them going bad, you can vacuum seal them and they will last a long time."

I hope it is true across the board - I'm don't shoot muzzleloader a so, it has slipped under my radar...

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
I might see if they have some near me, can't hurt to have some, I usually shoot loose powder though.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...thought that one might raise a few eyebrows - now to see if it is a national trend?!?!:eek:

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I have shot both and I also prefer the loose 777 over the pellets. I don't like Pyrodex in either form, because it is very dirty and requires more effort to clean it up. That is just my opinion, yours may be different.:D:D Thanks for the heads up; I will have to go check my Wal*Mart and see if it is on sale this low.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"This from a friend of mine on another forum: ...
I don't shoot a muzzleloader so, it has slipped under my radar..."

SO I don't really have an opinion but am always happy to learn more about the firearms world.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts