Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had time for range with it again yet but fully cleaned all parts including the striker channel. Been running the trigger with a snap cap and do see that it has a very distinct imprint from the striker pin on the snap cap. Think mine is fully striking the primer spot so no problem there.

On another topic thought I noticed tonight that the slide/barrel assembly does move up & down on the frame Maybe 1/16 to 1/8th of up and down movement. Tried it with a snap cap in place and it still moves. Wonder how or if this effects accuracy. Seing as the slide and sights are integrated maybe not much but still wondering if it should do this Let me know if yours does this also. Still trying to like this weapon but kinda wondering about it.......

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I would not like the slide movement, in an up and down fashion....a good range trip will tell.

·
Super Moderator
40,644 Posts
Looking forward to your range report.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fnally got to the range again. Shot 100 rounds Winchester 95 grain target ammo, absolutly no issues. Primers were deeply struck with no signs of over pressure, just nicely cratered from the striker. Still having the issue with short stroking the trigger though but guess it's a learning curve with it. Out of 100 rounds had 3-4 no fire due to the reset. Hopefully Galloway or someone will work out this issue with some after market parts. Otherwise really satisfied with an under $200 weapon and how it carries and functions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts