Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Son in San Diego had his computer die last night, so I packed up my spare notebook and sent it to him today.
A couple hours later my screen flickered, went blank, the computer rebooted and I get 1 long beep and 3 short beeps from the speaker.
Looking up the POST code online on my Wife's computer, the code says the video card blew up.
So much for the GeForce 9800GT.
Went to BestBuy, got ANOTHER GT520 (2GB DDR3) and have the computer running again.
Funny thing is we bought a GT520 (1GB DDR3) just 2 days ago for her computer.

Like the other thread says, $&*% Happens.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
My Son in San Diego had his computer die last night, so I packed up my spare notebook and sent it to him today.
A couple hours later my screen flickered, went blank, the computer rebooted and I get 1 long beep and 3 short beeps from the speaker.
Looking up the POST code online on my Wife's computer, the code says the video card blew up.
Went to BestBuy, got ANOTHER GT520 (2GB DDR3) and have the computer running again.

The best way to find out you need something is to throw it out or give it away! :)

·
Registered
31,688 Posts
Are you related to Rottiejake?

·
Registered
27,088 Posts
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
Corollary: It will go wrong at the moment that causes the most damage.

Reactions: rodfair

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup. The video crapped out just as I got on TA.

·
17,567 Posts

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
Too many awesome gun pics for the 9800 to pump out. :thumbup: :D

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts
Yep I awake to Murphy everyday. They say things happens in 3's in my house they happen in 30's with increasing price. My disabled wife just blew her knee stepping off the porch. So we get to her Doctor that has been are Orthopedic for 20 years. Because I retired they don't take our new insurance. So now we have to find another Doctor. While her knee is twice its size. She has already tore two ACL's so who knows what happened this time.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
From Murphy's Law: What can go wrong will go wrong unless more than one thing can go wrong, then whatever thing will cause the most damage will go wrong.

1.1 USA.gif

·
Super Moderator
40,384 Posts

No Wait, it's your son's fault because his computer died. :D Check out whocanisue.com to see if they can help you out. :D

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
Corollary: It will go wrong at the moment that causes the most damage.
Schultz's Law: Murphy was an Optimist. :D

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Ya do have to appreciate Murphys timing tho! he is always right on the spot.

Sarge

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Yep I awake to Murphy everyday. They say things happens in 3's in my house they happen in 30's with increasing price. My disabled wife just blew her knee stepping off the porch. So we get to her Doctor that has been are Orthopedic for 20 years. Because I retired they don't take our new insurance. So now we have to find another Doctor. While her knee is twice its size. She has already tore two ACL's so who knows what happened this time.
That just plain sucks! Pardon my language.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts